How To: AT&T Lumia 1520 (RM-940) on T-Mobile/Wind/Mobilicity AWS1700Mhz/HSPA+ Band 4

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
I am having the same problem. What's weird is I bought one off of craigslist in March (was manufactured in January) that was already unlocked and the manual setting was there. I dropped it the other day and shattered the screen so went to Microsoft store for a replacement (seller had bought complete care) and after unlocking it (on black and windows 8.0) there is no manual setting.

Huge bummer...

UPDATE: Found a post from Sean in another thread where he said that reinstalling the OS with WPRT made the "manual" setting appear and he was right - it worked! I'm all set!

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just switched my 1520 from AT&T to T-Mobile. Is there a way to enable wi-fi calling?
Not until they become more of an un-carrier. They THINK they can force more people to buy their phone from T-Mobile by only providing WiFi calling for phones they sell. Yeah, I'd rather have a 640 with WiFi calling than my 1520 without it. NOT. So they are pissing off customers who would gladly buy their phone from T-Mobile IF THEY JUST OFFERED IT! LoL

Last edited:

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Not until they become more of an un-carrier. They THINK they can force more people to buy their phone from T-Mobile by only providing WiFi calling for phones they sell. Yeah, I'd rather have a 640 with WiFi calling than my 1520 without it. NOT. So they are pissing off customers who would gladly buy their phone from T-Mobile IF THEY JUST OFFERED IT! LoL

Odd, my BLU WinHD does wifi calling.

Nope, I'm wrong...i coulda swore it did...odd

Last edited:

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
My experience was that I couldn't get to field test mode with no sim in the phone. When I put my active SIM from my Moto X in the phone I was able to get in right away. Set it up with Windows 8 and the settings remained with an update to 8.1. Getting great LTE signal.

Purge_GT

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520 RM-937, and given that I'm on Rogers I'd like to see if the Field Test method allows me to unlock any bands.

Any suggestion as how to get it to load? It doesn't respond to the ##3282#. :(

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
^ I didn't see your reply until now, hopefully you got it fixed. I'm posting because I finally decided to give W10M a shot....you must set this up again if you flash the Technical Preview, but it still works.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss