Random touches when turn on the screen

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 have a real issue when I turn on the screen from stand by, the screen start to react like if i randomly touching it hundred times. Then if I slide to enter password, the first number i touch once will be entered many times in milliseconds and the device will give me that i entered wrong password. If I lock and unlock the screen it will return to be responsive correctly to my touches. This happens to me many times daily and lately it became more frequent.
Anyone is having this issue? Any solutions?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this trick applies, but give it a whirl.. Set up kid's corner and activate?; then check if the issue persists

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It's a known hardware issue with no consumer friendly fix for it. You can try disabling high sensitivity mode but that's about it.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It's a known hardware issue with no consumer friendly fix for it. You can try disabling high sensitivity mode but that's about it.

Sad to know that. It is a great device with bad touch glitches and some screen glitches.
I have disabled the high sensitivity mode long time ago to reduce the slide/touch issue.

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
@Umar Hafeez is correct and had been shared on this site many times. Never had this random touches problem with my 1520. I think because I never put it on my jeans pocket. The downside, I always carry a small bag just for this monster baby. :smile:

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah unfortunately for me, I have the dreaded screen flicker issue for the 1520. It makes this lovely beast unusable at times and that is a huge shame. To top it off, the beast wasn't carried in the front pants pocket! One of the threads I looked at suggested doing this as a way of mitigating the issue!

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't put your phone in your pocket. It happens because your phone digitizer is sightly bend .

Microsoft should address the problem already. A lot of us are experiencing this.

Also I keep my phone in my jeans pockets all the time because that's the only practical place to put it especially when you don't have a car and have to commute with your headphones on.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App for Android!

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
To not be able to put a device in your pants is ridiculous, I've always had a case since day one and have babied the **** out of this phone and still have the annoying phantom tap issue every now and then!

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
An update. Bought a replacement digitizer with frame on eBay, and had a friend of mine replace the original. Pleased to say it has been a couple of weeks with normal usage and all is well. Nice to have this beast back and fully operational!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium