I've a doubt - 1st Start up

Vishnu Dharmapal

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
My friend just bought Lumia 1520 from Middle East. At 1st start up he turn on phone but it ain't turn on the shop dealers says it has no charge it's because. They said Charge it for 10 hrs & use.

But I heard that company charge phone upto 50% charge but here no charge.
Is that a problem ?!!
Friends Please help us

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It should power up once it's plugged in, and has charged the phone a little. If it doesn't, you have an issue.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Charge for 10hours? 2 hours should be enough to charge from zero to hundred percent..
it's best to charge to full and then leave it on charge for 10 hours. after that, drain battery to 20% and charge to full again.
even on LiOn batteries. AFTER that, charge as you like. LiOn batteries have NO memory effect, like NiCad batteries do.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
8hours charge is the usual time period for new phones.. If your friends phone didn't come with any charge, take it back. All phones are charged ,half charged so consumers can check 😂

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I agree with broar. Every phone I've owned, five now, all bought new, has come with a battery about half-charged.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
it's best to charge to full and then leave it on charge for 10 hours. after that, drain battery to 20% and charge to full again.
even on LiOn batteries. AFTER that, charge as you like. LiOn batteries have NO memory effect, like NiCad batteries do.

8hours charge is the usual time period for new phones.. If your friends phone didn't come with any charge, take it back. All phones are charged ,half charged so consumers can check ��

Is this 8/10 hours charge thing a hoax or for real? How it affects the battery life? Can someone please explain?

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Is this 8/10 hours charge thing a hoax or for real? How it affects the battery life? Can someone please explain?
it's for real. the initial 8/10 hours of charging gets the battery to full capacity. the drain to 20% then a second full charge gets the battery conditioned so that it will last according to what the specs. on the phone are. keep in mind that what the manufacturer states is with NORMAL use and nothing running in the background.

Vishnu Dharmapal

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
New doubt - How to charge.

For eg - When I bought a new Phone I charge phone with these methods which one is correct.

* New phone didn't turn on & charged 10 Hours.
* New phone plugged in switched on & start using after all settings set keep the phone aside for 10 hours charging.
* New Phone have little amount of charge in it may be 18% or something some shop dealers says 1st drain out full charge & then charge 10 Hours.
* New Phone when plugged in switched on & start using after 100% remove the charger & using. 100% charge in 3 hours only not plugged in to 10 hours.

These are some of my main doubts.
My Question Here is Which is the best option ? Or these all wrong tell me your suggestions :)

Nokia's product catalogue says it has 50% drain it out fully & charge 100% They says

" You don't need to charge the battery for a specific length of time, and you can use the phone while it's charging."

I don't know why they say so?!
Why they don't say charge for 08 or 10 hours. But Nokia's shop dealers says it. Charge for 8 hrs then use but product catalogue not. Why ?!!

Help Me Friends

Thank you all for all previous conversations about 1st startup.

Attachments

• 1418177991729.jpg
    1418177991729.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 1418178009200.jpg
    1418178009200.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Batteries are not all the same... The older Lithium Polymer (Li-Po) batteries needed conditioning. Charge for 10 + hours before first use to "train" the battery...

Then batteries got chips in them and became smart. And now Smart Batteries with Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) don't need conditioning or training. Charge and go. just like the Nokia documents say. The guys at the store are still giving old advice for yesterday's battery.

Vishnu Dharmapal, did your new phone ever charge and boot up?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos