Do all original 1520s have the Nokia emblem on the back?

MicahShepherd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking at Ebay for a 1520. I have noticed a lot of variability in the back housing for what is being sold. Sometimes they will have the Carl Zeiss and Nokia emblem, sometimes just the Carl Zeiss, sometimes nothing, some will have the 3 dots at the bottom (PMA, I assume), some have no dots at the bottom (QI, I assume). Do the cases without the Nokia emblem come from OEM replacements or are there some variants that come without the Nokia emblem?

MicahShepherd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That is what I would think, but even on the AT&T site they do not show the Nokia emblem on the back in the mock ups. I thought that this just might be an error in the mock up (it happens). I was hoping someone with a 1520 could chime in and set the record straight.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine just says "PureView ZEISS" by the camera lens and nothing else on the back. On the front there is the NOKIA name and AT&T globe.
EDIT: I have the 32 GB version if it makes a difference.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If it is AT&T you see the pins on the back for a PMA jacket, just as you assume. All others are Qi.

Why some loose the Nokia and Zeiss branding seems a mystery to me. Maybe it is just the print gets hard to read under certain color shell/print combos???

Mine is a matte yellow 1520.3. No pins - proudly do not need them. Nokia labeling and PureView/ZEISS Labeled together with PureView overtop Zeiss. The labeling is in a medium grey and I could see it disappearing in pics with a darker color case.

MicahShepherd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting as from your comments it looks like they can come with or without the Nokia branding on the back. Thanks for the information.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This reminds me of how some 920's have "NOKIA | Carl Zeiss" on the back, while others like mine say "Carl Zeiss | Tessar 2.0/26"

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
AT&T 1520s do not have the Nokia branding at the back, only Pureview Zeiss and the dots for the PMA. International/(Unbranded?) Versions have the Nokia branding and do not have dots because they have QI wireless inside the phone itself

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077