Is it possible to install Here Explore Beta on a Lumia 1520

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had Here Explore Beta on WP 8.1 on my Lumia 1520 and it was working well but after I'd reinstalled WP 8.1 can't install Here Explore Beta. Is there a solution to get it working again?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean with can not install. The app is region/country related. So did you change this?

Last edited:

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No issues installing here or on any other devices I own. I dont know if its region locked in some places or not. Is this an issue with it wont allow you to install or is it installing but gives you an error?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SysApp Pusher is now showing Here Explore (Beta) as unavailable for 1520. 1520.3 CV LT being used in the US.

I can't find that functionality duplicated in Here Maps or Lumia Camera Classic.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It is like Yazen it is now in HERE maps.

Dear RumoredNow I have to disagree partly with you. (no big deal bye the way)

In the "overview" of HERE map it is stated " And with liveSight, Here maps brings the power of sight to your maps.
And in Key Features
=LiveSight reveal what;s around you
- Explore shopping mail ......
Above indicates to me that Maps has now explore function.

I bye the way could "see" the BETA app about 10 hours ago in the windows store but could not download it (I am from the Netherlands and we are not supported)
But a few hours ago I also can not find it in the shop anymore.
And this also indicateds that it is now in MAPS

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I looked for Here Explore at the time of my post above using SysApp Pusher and that was when it stated "unavailable."

I'm sure I used SysApp to update Explore less than one month ago...

It is like Yazen it is now in HERE maps.

Dear RumoredNow I have to disagree partly with you. (no big deal bye the way)

In the "overview" of HERE map it is stated " And with liveSight, Here maps brings the power of sight to your maps.
And in Key Features
=LiveSight reveal what;s around you
- Explore shopping mail ......
Above indicates to me that Maps has now explore function.

I bye the way could "see" the BETA app about 10 hours ago in the windows store but could not download it (I am from the Netherlands and we are not supported)
But a few hours ago I also can not find it in the shop anymore.
And this also indicateds that it is now in MAPS

Right you are... Found it again after poking around. It is a Map Layer. I guess I'm too used to thinking of it as a Lens. Thanks.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
No issues installing here or on any other devices I own. I dont know if its region locked in some places or not. Is this an issue with it wont allow you to install or is it installing but gives you an error?

It just wouldn't give me an option to install and it said that Here Explore was no longer supported.

Igor Kuklin

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I was also unable to install HERE Explore Beta on my Lumia 920 in USA after I reflashed my phone with WP 8.1. This supposed to work according to Windows Phone Marketplace page!

As far as features - I do not think HERE Maps provides recommendations based on time of day, configurable search categories, same nice UI for collection integration, same speed for UI. It is like a Yellow Pages in your pocket.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
It's no longer published, guys. If you go to windowsphone.com and got to your purchase history and scroll down til you find it, you'll see it says "This app is no longer published".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786