White spots on Lumia 1520 screen, only visible when on a white/light background.

crunkizzlekid

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
So far I've owned three Lumia 1520's and I've had the same issue in all of them. I would like to know, if other owners face the same issue too, or it's just my sheer bad luck that I've got the defected devices like three times!

yoitsbenvo

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Mines too. I had one that had an internal mix damage. Got a replacement 1520. Have two white spots on the screen while using the Light mode. :/

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Although mine is the 920, I have some "almost brown" coloring on my screen visible on light background or on apps/sites with white background.
It first started like a line from the top of the screen from the left side towards the centre of the screen (still at the top) then gradually, began spreading across the entire screen starting from the centre. Now I have a portion of the screen the size of my thumb on the top right hand corner as the only place that's entirely white. The rest of the screen is light shades of brown. I no longer use the light theme cos of this.

Mike Waechter

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
So far I've owned three Lumia 1520's and I've had the same issue in all of them. I would like to know, if other owners face the same issue too, or it's just my sheer bad luck that I've got the defected devices like three times!

It's a manufacturing defect. It's been widely reported but Microsoft and Nokia have failed to recall the product. It's due to the vibration motor. If it's still under warranty, take it back for a replacement. I've had mine replaced with a new revision number.

There should be three small dots, right where the motor is located.

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 used to have bright spots in the screen also, I took it to the Nokia service center and they replaced it no questions asked :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss