ATT rep says discontinued.. True or is she wrong?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think all Country Variant 1520s from the Latin America Region should update as a group. Just a guess. Any laggards should not affect us as we don't have that country in our set up.

Say the release hits for RM-938 CV LTA and every table shows 1520 Country Variant has Denim except Ecuador. Unless your Region is set to Ecuador, you'll get the Denim update. If there is a failure on a test with Ecuadorian networks it wouldn't matter for anyone else and only people physically present in or reporting Region as Ecuador would need to wait for a Firmware tweak.

Does that make sense?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The phone is a year old. So this doesn't surprise me in the least that it is being discontinued....they have the 830 which is the current "flagship" since it is the newest Lumia we are ending 2014 with despite not being comparable. Just hope this isn't a play to make the m8 a thing.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The phone is a year old. So this doesn't surprise me in the least that it is being discontinued....they have the 830 which is the current "flagship" since it is the newest Lumia we are ending 2014 with despite not being comparable. Just hope this isn't a play to make the m8 a thing.
The M8 is a thing. It's the current Windows Phone flagship.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... People, Place or Thing.

Yep. One (M8) is definitely a thing!!!

LOLz reminds me of a raging debate in the comments section. The new Photography Contest Theme was "Animal" and someone was arguing against an insect qualifying. I asked if an Insect is an Animal, a Vegetable, or a Mineral... Good Times.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I went to a local AT&T store to buy one since the MS store did not have the color I wanted in stock but they told me they had just returned all they had. This was about 3 weeks ago. Kinda glad since it made me order the 1520.3 instead.

Last edited:

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is everyone checking corporate stores or franchise stores? I'm sure most here know you will get two entirely different experiences & device selections at each.

For example, a local franchise store here has never even received any stock of the 830. They have the M8 with Windows, & 925 only on display.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what to say... my Champaign AT&T store and all three Florida AT&T stores I visited while down there recently all had working, excellent looking, monstrous 1520's on display.

Could they be moving the inventory? Sure. But if the L830 and M8 are it until W10 for mobile gets released, it is going to be a long, lonely Winter/Spring/half of Summer for us.

tigrucat

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Availability in the UK has been limited since October. Completely sold out from all reputable UK sites since December 7th. I think production must have ended with the closure of the Nokia Factory at Chennai in India in October as all the x20 pre 8.1 models appear to have been discontinued.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Availability in the UK has been limited since October. Completely sold out from all reputable UK sites since December 7th. I think production must have ended with the closure of the Nokia Factory at Chennai in India in October as all the x20 pre 8.1 models appear to have been discontinued.

Welcome aboard... That is a very on target and well thought out entrance.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes, welcome. I forgot about that connection, which does open the door for a new release in this soon to be vacated space. The waiting is killing me. I'm waiting to spend the $$ on a new 6" WP.

typhon62_1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what to say... my Champaign AT&T store and all three Florida AT&T stores I visited while down there recently all had working, excellent looking, monstrous 1520's on display.

Could they be moving the inventory? Sure. But if the L830 and M8 are it until W10 for mobile gets released, it is going to be a long, lonely Winter/Spring/half of Summer for us.

​The stores in the Chicago burb's have them on display, but have no stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss