01-20-2015 02:10 AM
47 12
tools
    Very funny....same topics over and over
    And same wrong claims over and over.

Why do you think that symptomps of hardware bug can't be completely cured using a software fix?
    No one is expecting that MS can eliminate hardware bug itself, but everyone expect and hope that they will find some kind of workaround for this issue.
    Evidences already show that some (software!) actions can (temporary) eliminate this problem, so it's clear sign that this is POSSIBLE using "SOFT" actions.
    I'm not sure if swipe is interpreted as single or double tap (which is huge difference, in terms of fixing this bug), but we all hope that they will finaly fix this (even it doesn't bother me too much on my L1520).
    12-28-2014 04:49 PM
    The problem has been solved for me completely since the denim update was released in Finland ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    12-28-2014 05:16 PM
    ehm...sorry for how many weeks / months you already running on Denim to state it is fixed permanently by this update?
    But anyways I am glad if it sorted out the issues you had with your device and hope it stays to!
    PeterByrne likes this.
    12-28-2014 07:03 PM
    So for me after two days on Denim I can say that the swipes being registered as double taps is still present.
    12-29-2014 02:00 AM
    It's a drag vs single tap instead of double tap. Code this
    its not actualy I researched it and a double tap nano seconds apart get reported back to the OS
    which is why I posted what I did - but belive what ya will :)
    striderbih likes this.
    12-29-2014 04:26 AM
    its not actualy I researched it and a double tap nano seconds apart get reported back to the OS
    which is why I posted what I did - but belive what ya will :)
    Please write proper English, with punctuation and sense.
    12-29-2014 09:23 AM
    Or correct English

(in case it was missed, this was for the correcting commenter above me)
    Last edited by Rick_Air; 12-30-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    12-29-2014 09:37 AM
    I bet he/she will, as soon as you write a proper sentence in his/her mother language.
    12-30-2014 02:06 AM
    Or correct English

(in case it was missed, this was for the correcting commenter above me)
    "Have you ever wanted to look at proper English versus slang to compare the two? A good place to start is to explore what makes a word a slang word and compare the English word with its slang equivalent."
    12-30-2014 04:33 AM
    And same wrong claims over and over.

Why do you think that symptomps of hardware bug can't be completely cured using a software fix?
    No one is expecting that MS can eliminate hardware bug itself, but everyone expect and hope that they will find some kind of workaround for this issue.
    Evidences already show that some (software!) actions can (temporary) eliminate this problem, so it's clear sign that this is POSSIBLE using "SOFT" actions.
    I'm not sure if swipe is interpreted as single or double tap (which is huge difference, in terms of fixing this bug), but we all hope that they will finaly fix this (even it doesn't bother me too much on my L1520).
    Why are you so quick to dismiss multiple claims that it seems to be resolved? I experience the issue on mine constantly, so any relief would be valued.

A hardware fault can still be mitigated by software adjustments in many cases, so I'll take the word of a user with the update over a negative comment any day.
    realwarder and floppyedonkey like this.
    12-30-2014 12:47 PM
    I agree with you, and I'm not sure why do you reply to me? :) My comment is almost identical to your.
    GoodThings2Life likes this.
    12-30-2014 01:16 PM
    I agree with you, and I'm not sure why do you reply to me? :) My comment is almost identical to your.
    LOL, I'm sorry, I quoted the wrong post! I'll fix it when I'm back on the PC. :)
    striderbih likes this.
    12-30-2014 02:09 PM
    Unfortunately Denim didn't fix the problem for me. I'll be sending it in for repair for the FOURTH time!
    01-01-2015 03:11 AM
    I have had this issue on my device from day 1 and I would get it on nearly every scoll/swipe. After manually flashing the Finland Country Variant firmware (059v282) on my APAC HK Chinese Country Variant (059v255), I received Lumia Denim OTA and installed it. I did not have Hey Cortana, but I went and disabled PFD and went back to settings, and at the bottom of my settings, I had Hey Cortana. I have been using my phone extensively and have tested it purposefully and I have not had the scroll/tap issue at all today or yesterday.
    So, how is tap/scroll, still ok?
    01-02-2015 01:15 PM
    I've experienced both instances of the "tap/swipe = double tap" and the "erratic behavior with touch screen and navigation buttons". I've replaced my phone under warranty twice and occasionally have these problems with my newest device. I've noticed the erratic behavior is most definitely a hardware issue. Because the device is so large yet so thin, the screen flexes under less pressure than smaller or thicker devices. This causes numerous tap events to register in different parts of the screen, causing the erratic behavior. The single tap and swipe issue is most likely a combination of hardware and software issues. It's entirely possible that a hardware defect in the LCD panels used in the 1520 is making it difficult to tune the drivers for the touchscreen digitizer.
    01-04-2015 04:34 AM
    Please is that dev. version or real windows denim , I have Nokia 1520 and still didnt got the update ?
    01-04-2015 04:50 PM
    It's stuff like this that makes me NOT want a 1520 in the USA. I'd only buy a 1530.2 because I want Qi, and yet the warranty is not supported. But when faults like this exist you need a warranty to cover yourself. So no 1520 purchase...
    01-04-2015 05:08 PM
    I've experienced both instances of the "tap/swipe = double tap" and the "erratic behavior with touch screen and navigation buttons". I've replaced my phone under warranty twice and occasionally have these problems with my newest device. I've noticed the erratic behavior is most definitely a hardware issue. Because the device is so large yet so thin, the screen flexes under less pressure than smaller or thicker devices. This causes numerous tap events to register in different parts of the screen, causing the erratic behavior. The single tap and swipe issue is most likely a combination of hardware and software issues. It's entirely possible that a hardware defect in the LCD panels used in the 1520 is making it difficult to tune the drivers for the touchscreen digitizer.
    Install Denim and you will see the difference
    01-05-2015 04:38 AM
    Install Denim and you will see the difference
    I installed Denim and I don't see the difference. It still happens from time to time, just like with Cyan.
    01-05-2015 06:46 AM
    How do you know that issue are? Maybe you have video how to test it or what? Because i dont know if mine have this touch - tap issue or not
    01-05-2015 06:51 AM
    If you dont know whether you have the issue, you dont have the issue.
    01-19-2015 02:11 PM
    I still have the phantom tap issue when I just want to scroll, with Denim installed (Finish firmware here). BUT the overall behaviour of the phone is far smoother than before. So, now the issue doesn't bother me as it doesn previously, I just stopped all those games that can be screwed up by this issue and now, it's not so bad, the phone response is good enought to just go to the previous screen when it happens without being really annoying.

So, the issue is not fixed, but now I feel I can wait for a L1530 in peace with this one :p
    01-20-2015 02:10 AM
47 12