Power button won't lock phone

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Just had Cortana randomly pop up on her own. Got me excited, thought I had the Hey Cortana feature sneak in, lol! Just more random weirdness after dl'ing the chive app or glance update.

hurkanasmaci

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't think its the glance update. It has been days since i downloaded it and nothing happened. Today, apx 2 hours ago i've downloaded theChive app and it messed up my phone. Now the power button is not working properly, it just works when i long press. Other than that the phone is laggy and the keyboard is acting weird. Oh and also my pc is not finding my phone.

Edit: Now the brightness is stuck on low. I can't change it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It appears to be caused by a lag, especially those when the phone is processing data (e.g. during or right after installing/uninstalling an app, or just a few moments after powering your phone up from a complete power down (not a mere screen lock)). It would, therefore, appear to be connected to a recently installed app, but chances are that they are not.

If you've got a lot of live tiles pinned (like me where I have over 50 tiles, 20+ of which are allowed to run in the background and 8 of which are scheduled to update regularly), chances are that the lag would occur when these apps update their tiles simultaneously*.

My quick toggles disappear every time I restart my phone a few moments after the said restart, but they return a few moments later anyway. Power button responsiveness, however, is not affected right after restarting, but it seems to be affected by the data-processing-related lag.

*- An improvement on this would be the staggering of the tile updates - an OS update we could look forward to in future releases.

hurkanasmaci

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Nice point. But I have this problem for almost 1 hour now. Lag has happened sometimes but this is not like it. I can't open my phone now, its locked, and neither the pwer button nor the camera button are helping me out. I'm desperately looking at my glance screen now :/

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to have this thread moved outside the 1520 forum? I'm willing to bet many more are having this problem but haven't seen this thread because they aren't using a 1520.

Flytetymex

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You're going to have to reset it. That chive app somehow must have messed up something in the 'registry' of the phone (for lack of a better word) so that the phone is constantly looking for something or doing something and it contributes to its laggy nature and also some things not loading properly (settings descriptors, toggles in notification center, etc). When the phone reboots again, manually backup your phone so it'll be much easier to restore

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You're going to have to reset it. That chive app somehow must have messed up something in the 'registry' of the phone (for lack of a better word) so that the phone is constantly looking for something or doing something and it contributes to its laggy nature and also some things not loading properly (settings descriptors, toggles in notification center, etc). When the phone reboots again, manually backup your phone so it'll be much easier to restore

Thanks. Can someone confirm that a hard reset fixes this problem?

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Another bug I've seen is not being able to download apps from the store while this problem is present. Just tried to dl the new Family Guy game and it's stuck on pending for over 30 mins.

Not continually complaining, just pointing out more bugs to look out for.

Flytetymex

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I saw that too. I was going to download the chive app again to uninstall it right away (prior to the hard reset) to see if it would do anything but yeah, stuck on the pending as well

hurkanasmaci

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay now my phone is not hard resetting. Any solutions? :/

Nokia amblem comes up then it stucks.

It gives this error: 0x8013153B

Ugh, Lumia recovery tool is not working, gives the same error. power button is still not responding, pc is not finding my phone. I am stuck. Will hard reseteing with volume buttons to it?

Last edited:

Flat Tire

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Downloaded Chive, all my downloads are pending, can't power off, PC not finding phone.

** edit **

Trying a reset -> I see gears.

Another thing -> I don't use a sim card in this phone. I kept getting "Sim Card not found" messages over and over. Almost like it was trying to force a data connection instead of using Wi-fi.

Flat Tire

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Reset worked for me:
1) PC recognized phone immediately.
2) Default apps are installing.
3) Grabbed Candy Crush from store, started downloading...

I was using Cyan + DP1 on a Lumia 620 when all this went down. I'll try installing Chive again and see what happens. (without DP1)

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Could be tied to chive and the sim card, possibly. I noticed each time my phone reset it would have to reload my sim and the apps stored on there. Usually doesn't do that with a soft reset. Will have to go for a hard reset as well I suppose :'(

Edit - also noticed that I get no notifications in notification center with this bug.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers