Power button won't lock phone

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
I feel sorry for the parents/old people/regular people who use Windows Phone and happened to install this app. I'm betting they don't have One Drive backups (or any backup) turned on and have ZERO CLUE about how to reformat using the Lumia Restore.exe program.

Years of memories and photos, gone in an instant. This is a very serious situation for the entire platform. This app should have NEVER passed certification. Concerning to say the least.

The Chive needs to fix this right this second. Horrible.

We are fortunate because we know how to fix, even if it means losing everything. This app is going to cost a ton of money in carrier aggravation/support. The Chive should get the bill. No, really. Their ****ty coding broke every phone. All of them.

cporta

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess I was lucky. I just did a hard reset and restored a backup prior to today. It seems crazy this happened. I was so excited too because I'm an avid chiver and was really excited for the official app.

Cormango

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I feel sorry for the parents/old people/regular people who use Windows Phone and happened to install this app. I'm betting they don't have One Drive backups (or any backup) turned on and have ZERO CLUE about how to reformat using the Lumia Restore.exe program.

Years of memories and photos, gone in an instant. This is a very serious situation for the entire platform. This app should have NEVER passed certification. Concerning to say the least.

The Chive needs to fix this right this second. Horrible.

I agree. This is a huge blow to the platform. This will be on every blog tomorrow...

I'm extremely lucky that I have backups enabled and OneDrive auto upload enabled. But I lost all my videos...

Sunil Patil2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
@ all who want to get the data,
1. Try a soft reset first. It will make the phone to work normally for few minutes.
2. Backup whatever u want from settings or by connecting to pc
3. If the phone is locked, then connect it to power source, it will unlock.
Hope this helps

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Well uninstalling the app thechive did fix the problem but it was temporary. So I backed up my data and reset the phone. The phone is working pretty good at the moment. Weird part would be the extras in settings said I have Lumia denim but I didn't do anything. After resetting it's back to Lumia cyan. Lol. Blonde days of Windows phone.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm........ Odd. I have a Lumia 635 installed the app, browsed around, didn't like it, uninstalled it. None of what was described happened. Still fine right now.

enduracell

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Happening to me on my Lumia 920 after installing the Chive app. Power button not working, double tap to wake up also not working. windows PC not recognizing the phone and manual backup from setting failed after 98% :(
+920 exactly the same symptoms so far (lumia 920). Dammit it's my main work phone! Is anyone with 920 able to do a manual back up of apps+settings?

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem on my 1020... Thought I was the only one happened just a bit after I also installed The stupid f****** chive app!!!! Another issue I have is that it shows that I how no reception yet I can still receive and make calls and texts... And I can't put it in flight mode.... I've tried at least 15 soft resets but no luck..... Is a hard reset the only solution here? So long for the best app in the world lol

rudrAgni

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
+920 exactly the same symptoms so far (lumia 920). Dammit it's my main work phone! Is anyone with 920 able to do a manual back up of apps+settings?

I tried manual backup number of times but every time it failed at 99%. Eventually I gave up and did hard reset. To my surprise it asked me if I wanted to restore from backup saved today. In the end it restored everything but I did lose some good apps which the developers have pulled from the store so I am still somewhat pissed :(

manav930

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Got same problem in my Lumia 730 after installing chive app but I got same problem one day before after updating extras+ info ..... Had to hard reset both times to get it working again.. Help Microsoft...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Is anyone sending a tip to the editors here, or even a pm? Sounds like something that needs a psa story asap. Also how is this even possible, aren't apps supposed to be sandboxed and unable to affect the OS in the way these apps are doing?

Last edited:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone sending a tip to the editors here, or even a pm? Sounds like something that needs a psa story asap. Also how is this even possible, aren't apps supposed to be sandboxed and unable to affect the OS in the way these apps are doing?

That's a good question! I'm very curious about that myself.

I tipped them just now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett