Power button won't lock phone

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Maybe i am too late for this thread, but i know that the official Chive app was using ads right? can anyone tell me if it was using the 'ad mediator' released by microsoft or what? I am developing a universal app supported by ads with the ad mediator and my app is now causing the same issue. My app doesnt display any videos or gif images so my only guess is that the ad mediator control is doing this.

Anyone can confirm this?
Thank you all

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Maybe i am too late for this thread, but i know that the official Chive app was using ads right? can anyone tell me if it was using the 'ad mediator' released by microsoft or what? I am developing a universal app supported by ads with the ad mediator and my app is now causing the same issue. My app doesnt display any videos or gif images so my only guess is that the ad mediator control is doing this.

Anyone can confirm this?
Thank you all
You say your app has the same problem but then seem to describe a different problem. Can you confirm there are problems OUTSIDE your app such as the power button not working after running your app with ad mediator?

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
You say your app has the same problem but then seem to describe a different problem. Can you confirm there are problems OUTSIDE your app such as the power button not working after running your app with ad mediator?

Hi, yes I can confirm it, it happened on my Lumia 925 and a couple of 520s. What I meant by the app isn't displaying any videos or GIF is that my app isn't a media player or anything similar to the chive. The only things in common are that both apps are universal and both display ads. My app is basically stimulating the driver knowledge test so I haven't done any complex things in it.

Krokodilrotze

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
you could contact the developer of the "GOLOTTO" app from NeoLotto. Their app caused the same problem and they were working with microsoft on this issue. or have a shot at the microsoft forum, the link was posted here earlier #175^^. i don't know much about developing, but it does sound like quite a big os bug if ads in apps can cause that.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
you could contact the developer of the "GOLOTTO" app from NeoLotto. Their app caused the same problem and they were working with microsoft on this issue. or have a shot at the microsoft forum, the link was posted here earlier #175^^. i don't know much about developing, but it does sound like quite a big os bug if ads in apps can cause that.

Do you have a link to their website or their app. Thank you for your reply...

Krokodilrotze

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Can't find the original app right now, it was pulled. but they submitted it again with a slightly different name. I can't post the link, I'll send it to you via pm.

Sunil Patil2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey, wait a minute.. Did MS release fix for this? My L925 is back to normal and no lock button issues at least for last 18 hours. Anyone still facing issue??
PS: used charger to unlock phone for 30 days, hard to forget that practice today !

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey, wait a minute.. Did MS release fix for this? My L925 is back to normal and no lock button issues at least for last 18 hours. Anyone still facing issue??
PS: used charger to unlock phone for 30 days, hard to forget that practice today !

Can you provide more information about this update. Also when was it released and have you tried with my app?
Search the store for "RafaelWare"and download the app to test it if you want.

Sunil Patil2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Can you provide more information about this update. Also when was it released and have you tried with my app?
Search the store for "RafaelWare"and download the app to test it if you want.

Unfortunately I don't have much info on this. There was no popup or any info abt the fix. Earlier whenever I did soft reset, phone would behave normally for 2-3 hours. But its almost 24 hours now, and I have no issue with the phone. Hence I guessed MS finally got some time to put things in place after leaving the malware in system for exact 30 days. Sorry I cant test the app, as I use windows as my primary phone. :( Also I wish to know if anyone got this fix or this is just hallucination! LOL

Krokodilrotze

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
No changes for me. There are days where I only have to soft reset my phone once but sometimes it's just 10 minutes after the reset.
I doubt that they released a fix.

Sunil Patil2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
No changes for me. There are days where I only have to soft reset my phone once but sometimes it's just 10 minutes after the reset.
I doubt that they released a fix.
I am using my mobile for almost 2.5 days , no more lock screen issue.. Maybe, MS is fixing the issue incrementally on Lumia devices.
Posting from my L925

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
If MS is fixing the issue with updates then it would've arrived to all phones at the same time because it will be an OS update and not a FW update which requires carriers approval.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
If MS is fixing the issue with updates then it would've arrived to all phones at the same time because it will be an OS update and not a FW update which requires carriers approval.

True. Strange thing; I woke up yesterday and checked for OS updates (come on denim, lol) and it said something went wrong with your update you've lost connection with the server. So I pushed check for updates, thinking it would download and install my update. Then it gives me the old your phone is up to date.
Kind of confused by that one. But the funny thing is my phone has been working flawlessly ever since. None of the previous problems are happening.

Sunil Patil2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
True. Strange thing; I woke up yesterday and checked for OS updates (come on denim, lol) and it said something went wrong with your update you've lost connection with the server. So I pushed check for updates, thinking it would download and install my update. Then it gives me the old your phone is up to date.
Kind of confused by that one. But the funny thing is my phone has been working flawlessly ever since. None of the previous problems are happening.

I guess I too tried it, and result is same :D
Can anyone facing issue try to update phone and check once? Though it may say, your phone is upto date, it may fix this issue... Give a try and update results.

Mindy Miller2

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I guess that Chive app ****ed things up in the way the phone boots up or sets **** up. I already reset mine and everything seems to be acting normal. Now its just a matter of waiting 2 or so hours to finish downloading all the apps and stuff

I had this problem and I reset my phone it worked great for a day and now its back to where. I started...

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
This happened on my Samsung ativ s. Could power down phone but not turn off display with power button. Home key the same. Only a factory reset fixed the problem so def an app caused it. The pigs!

tommaxx

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

none of the apps discussed here have ever been installed onto my 830. However, I'm facing the same issue, i.e. not being able to lock my phone pressing the power button since yesterday.

Are you guys using an Micro SD card? I have the impression that after taking out that SanDisk Ultra 32 GB and soft resetting my phone all seems to work quite normal.

Cheers,
t.

Last edited:

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
OMG...I just got this issue and uninstalled all the apps I have downloaded in the past week (only 3 apps). Nothing has fixed it! What is the issue???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise