LUMIA 1520 (AT&T) strange issue ...

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
as the title says ... very strange issue.

I've read the posts where people have stated their device has a mind of it's own & often wondered. I recently purchased a
Fosmon DURA S Series SLIM-Fit TPU Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 / Nokia Bandit (Black) from Amazon & really liked it.
However, when I have the case on my device, it seems to whack out. Screen locks up, then Cortana fires (by itself), then random apps open. It happens after some time passes, not immediately. It also was fine for about the first two weeks, with the case. I thought it might be temperature, so I removed the case & put a hard case on it - and the phone behaved for several days.
I've vented the upper part of the Fosman case (actually punched holes) to offset temperature, but it still seems to be happening. With the hard case on, it behaves correctly. I really like the slim feel of the Fosman case, but ...

I thought it might be static electricity, temperature or some sensor being covered. I also thought of the PMA contacts on the back (AT&T variant).
Any ideas, what may be causing this, what I could try to offset this ?

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced this when I had my 1520. The edge of the screen and the sides of the phone don't seem to be very strongly held together. When there is pressure in that area, the screen bends ever so slightly, which causes the already overly sensitive digitizer to loose control and trick itself into thinking that it is being pressed in various areas. Does the case seem to fit too tightly?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced this when I had my 1520. The edge of the screen and the sides of the phone don't seem to be very strongly held together. When there is pressure in that area, the screen bends ever so slightly, which causes the already overly sensitive digitizer to loose control and trick itself into thinking that it is being pressed in various areas. Does the case seem to fit too tightly?

Hard to say too tightly, it fits snug(ly), but covers very little of the screen / digitizer. Shame, I really like the Fosman case, but back to the generic hard case, unless ....

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say too tightly, it fits snug(ly), but covers very little of the screen / digitizer. Shame, I really like the Fosman case, but back to the generic hard case, unless ....

Try the Incipio NGP case,I use it on my 1520 and its pretty slim and doesn't cause any problems

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Tight case caused me the same problems. Belkin case sold by AT&T was the problem. Warranty replacement of phone and reverting a non-pinching case solved the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo