How to flash Finland rom in my Indian L1520 to get Denim right now.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What problem you are facing. I flashed L930 with Finland firmware and had no issues.
i tried the way of xda developer
but when i reached the stage where it started connecting with nokia care server, it got stuck
and even if it didnt
i dont know the product code and key!
how did u do it?
can u tell me the steps please?!

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
what is the product code and type for the Lumia denim for 1520 ?
Though it would be far wiser to just wait for your country to eventually receive the denim up date naturally OTA, as there is always a risk involved to flashing your windows phone with another rom, as there is a risk that you may brick your phone, rendering it useless. However if you are willing to take that chance, with the risks involved then the finland rom (versions) are below:

059V280 VAR EURO FI CV BLACK
059V282 VAR EURO FI CV RED
059V2X2 VAR EURO FI CV YELLOW
059V281 VAR EURO FI CV WHITE Hope this assists you, though please consider the risk.

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
1520 CV India 059V3M9 - Out of curiosity, flashed Finland 059V280.

Process..
a, Flash the Finland ROM - it is cyan.
b, Get updates - Three updates ( two OS and one FW)

Immediate notices are .... UI is fast compared to the DP.
Had heating problem when browsing photos, now it is normal.
Battery seems to be increased bit.
The backlight for the Back, Windows & Search keys are too bright.
4G is activated in Setting - Mobile + SIM
Hey cortana is there - did not try it self.
Camera seems to be faster.

Note - After flashing the Finland ROM 059V280 and updating to Denim, tried Lumia Software Recovery and it detects the phone as India 059V3M9 and suggests update accordingly - which means when the Denim is released in India, LSR can be used to flash it back for 059V3M9 Denim instead of downgrading to cyan and then updating to denim.
Happy to have it.

Wish you all happy and prosperous new year!!!!

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Although its New Years Day tomorrow, its also a Thursday... Namely Patch Thursday and Friday, and as some 1320s got their Denim on Xmas Day last week, there may be something for us 1520 users tomorrow, so for me.. Im just hanging on.

If someone wants to flash their own phone with a different rom thats up to them, but just be aware that if it bricks, your responsible.. Just saying :)

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Although its New Years Day tomorrow, its also a Thursday... Namely Patch Thursday and Friday, and as some 1320s got their Denim on Xmas Day last week, there may be something for us 1520 users tomorrow, so for me.. Im just hanging on.

If someone wants to flash their own phone with a different rom thats up to them, but just be aware that if it bricks, your responsible.. Just saying :)

No one has forced me to flash and i know the consequences of a brick very well and self is solely responsible for that hence even if it bricks, no whine here.

I too wish this update roll out today for all. Lets hope for the best.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
No news from MS on the update or definite update date!!!!

Unfortunately no, not yet, but I just keep trrying once a day.. thatll do me and like most folks.. I dont mind waiting.. its not as if my phone isnt working so...

Btw, I just thought Ide share... if its Cortana you want.. all you have to do in CYAN is change your region and language to USA.. Restart and shes there!

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately no, not yet, but I just keep trrying once a day.. thatll do me and like most folks.. I dont mind waiting.. its not as if my phone isnt working so...

Btw, I just thought Ide share... if its Cortana you want.. all you have to do in CYAN is change your region and language to USA.. Restart and shes there!

I am least bbothered about cortana! What I want is denim the firmware.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I am least bbothered about cortana! What I want is denim the firmware.

Me too.. If only to get rid of this infuriating Touch screen issue that, like most, Im having as well. What I was trying to get at really was Im not keen on installing another countries Rom, but believe me.. i do want it. In fact the "touch" issue got really bad today.. I was half way to trading it in at my local store.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Me too.. If only to get rid of this infuriating Touch screen issue that, like most, Im having as well. What I was trying to get at really was Im not keen on installing another countries Rom, but believe me.. i do want it. In fact the "touch" issue got really bad today.. I was half way to trading it in at my local store.

Denim is not going to fix the touch issue. I have it since two weeks and the touch issue is the same as before.

Prasad Koparkar

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Me also waiting for Denim but for it's Camera.
For touch I suggest the following. I did it and not facing problem from last 4 days. Yes I purchased it recently.
1 user Nokia recovery and install fresh rom. Do not restore anything from backup.
2 uninstall glance screen by changing date

I think glance is the problem.
I hope it is helpful

MrPovilas

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem. Then i try to flash press Down Vol + power button nothing happend, try after vibration press vol up button but same, it say that application has lost the connection with your device any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb