02-18-2015 08:32 PM
76 123 ...
tools
    Thanks for your cooperation everyone, I've successfully flashed the Finland Rom on my L1520, and so happy to have running the Lumia Denim right now. Have a very good holiday season to you all. Hallelujah!
    Last edited by crunkizzlekid; 12-20-2014 at 05:46 PM.
    12-20-2014 03:23 AM
    Just wait instead of being so impatient.

I'm sure a few weeks of waiting won't hurt. It's not as if you're going to die because your phone doesn't have the latest update...
    theefman, xandros9 and shreadow like this.
    12-20-2014 03:26 AM
    Can you please use bing or google. This isn't anyones concern but your own
    12-20-2014 04:43 AM
    This is a really bad idea.
    12-20-2014 04:54 AM
    Nobody would recommend this. Denim just has a few camera improvements, waiting few days for it would be good. Don't be so impatient.
    12-20-2014 04:58 AM
    Okay, I guess I'll wait. It's just that holiday season made me so excited to try out all the new camera features and Hey Cortana. lol
    12-20-2014 06:26 AM
    I think its wrong of you guys to accuse him of being impatient. There are valid reasons why you would like to do this as soon as possible, like the rumored fix for the phantom taps which has been bugging the 1520 since launch. And it is possible with Nokia PST, and I would've done it myself, but does not work on Windows 10 TP.
    Of course there's always a risk, but that it's up to the user if he wishes to do it or not.

I will add in some links to this post as soon as I'm by my computer, that will show what's needed for this.
    12-20-2014 06:38 AM
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453

Here it is. Be veeeeery cautious. I've done that few times without problem, but still. If done on win 8/8.1 disable driver signature.
    crunkizzlekid and xandros9 like this.
    12-20-2014 06:40 AM
    I think its wrong of you guys to accuse him of being impatient. There are valid reasons why you would like to do this as soon as possible, like the rumored fix for the phantom taps which has been bugging the 1520 since launch. And it is possible with Nokia PST, and I would've done it myself, but does not work on Windows 10 TP.
    Of course there's always a risk, but that it's up to the user if he wishes to do it or not.

I will add in some links to this post as soon as I'm by my computer, that will show what's needed for this.
    Doing something as reckless as installing another country's firmware code on your own with risk of bricking it is impatient. Plain and simple. What's worse-- bricked phone or unable to use phone radios or fixing tapping bug that doesn't cripple the device?

Not being an *** just pointing out this is a really bad idea.
    theefman likes this.
    12-20-2014 07:47 AM
    The one's who still want to flash should do it BUT they should not complain if the phone bricks during the process or that the rumored improvement don't work.
    They have been warned enough.
    12-20-2014 08:06 AM
    Caveat Emptor.

Having hacked and flashed my way through lots of Android including flashing alternate Operating Systems like Ubuntu Touch, FirefoxOS and Sailfish onto Android hardware with and without multi-boot options... Having heavily modded on various webOS handsets... Having once jailbroken an iPhone for the experience and fought to get it back to stock for resale... I would say flashing a different ROM on Windows Phone ranks right up there at or near the top with risk for borking. Windows Phone just isn't made to be as open as Android. The tools to do so are a bit rarer than on the major two and to pick up and learn the skills a bit more arcane than they are for other Operating Systems. The tool kit itself (the NCS) is now an unsupported piece of software being taken off road when it was meant for the paved streets of commerce.

Still, I understand the urge. I just would never consider the benefit as outweighing the risks for myself. I'm happy to wait a little while.

For any who want to proceed in that direction; XDA is your friend - as it always is in these types of endeavors.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-20-2014 10:24 AM
    I did this with zero problems. Instructions are easy to follow on XDA. Flashed Finland Cyan ROM, enabled Preview for Developers and installed all updates up to the point where it showed no more updates are available. Then disabled Preview for Developers and checked for updates. It downloaded and installed Denim without any problem.
    vrabac and crunkizzlekid like this.
    12-20-2014 11:04 AM
    I did this with zero problems. Instructions are easy to follow on XDA. Flashed Finland Cyan ROM, enabled Preview for Developers and installed all updates up to the point where it showed no more updates are available. Then disabled Preview for Developers and checked for updates. It downloaded and installed Denim without any problem.
    Did you notice any issues? BTW, which rom was installed on it originally, I mean county?
    Thanks anyway for straightforward response.
    12-20-2014 11:15 AM
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453

Here it is. Be veeeeery cautious. I've done that few times without problem, but still. If done on win 8/8.1 disable driver signature.
    Driver signature? I'm sorry, I didn't get that? A little more information perhaps?
    Georgi Georgiev7 likes this.
    12-20-2014 11:17 AM
    ...If done on win 8/8.1 disable driver signature...
    Driver signature? I'm sorry, I didn't get that? A little more information perhaps?
    That's a pretty common and basic bit of knowledge there, crunkizzlekid. Please try some more research into what you are trying out. Threads already exist here and elsewhere on how to do this entire process... I'm not sure this thread should be turned into a step by step mosh up how to... Please consider using existing sources of information.
    12-20-2014 11:30 AM
    Georgi Georgiev7 likes this.
    12-20-2014 11:43 AM
    Hi. Did you do this on an At&t Lumia 1520 or another device? I want to do it on my at&t 1520 but I'm not sure if it'll work.
    12-20-2014 11:44 AM
    That's a pretty common and basic bit of knowledge there, crunkizzlekid. Please try some more research into what you are trying out. Threads already exist here and elsewhere on how to do this entire process... I'm not sure this thread should be turned into a step by step mosh up how to... Please consider using existing sources of information.
    But I'm running Windows 10 TP, would that affect the process in anyway?
    12-20-2014 12:07 PM
    Please try it and report the result.
    12-20-2014 12:21 PM
    Did you notice any issues? BTW, which rom was installed on it originally, I mean county?
    Thanks anyway for straightforward response.
    No issues at all. I had an Indian ROM on my HK RM-937 Lumia 1520.
    12-20-2014 02:03 PM
    Hi. Did you do this on an At&t Lumia 1520 or another device? I want to do it on my at&t 1520 but I'm not sure if it'll work.
    No. I have a global Lumia 1520 (RM-937). I don't think you should do it for your AT&T model.
    12-20-2014 02:04 PM
    As an advice, I used to flash a lot of ROMs and else on Android devices. I'd strongly recommend not to flash a different ROM on an AT&T 1520 other than AT&T ROMS.

AT&T devices always had a different section for each phone model and were treated as a different phone for a reason. I would not dare to flash Finland ROM on an AT&T 1520.

Even worse: WP has not all that many users, guides and experts as the Android Community (at least in XDA). If you run into a problem or brick your phone I don't think you can't do much to revive it or find any useful information on how to bring it back from the dead.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-20-2014 02:36 PM
    I will consider waiting... First the Finland Denim ROM is not available on the Nokia Care servers, only the Cyan ROM is available, you will again have to run an OTA update. this ROM is around 4.1 GB. I have flashed GB ROM onto my HK-937 using win 8 without knowing i have to disable driver signature.. nothing turned out bad..(of course your warranty will be voided with this process)
    Additionally you are on Win 10 technical preview, the drivers may not work well and you might end bricking the phone.. guess it will be better to wait.. Not just for this process, any flashing process for that matter, even with Lumia software recovery tool, should be done with a stable OS and not a preview OS, you will never know when it might break...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-20-2014 02:37 PM
    No problems. Had Kazakhstan version of Lumia 1520 and flashed to Finland when cyan was first released in Finland and run with no problems since then.
    One thing that has to be taken into account is RM version
    RumoredNow and vrabac like this.
    12-20-2014 03:41 PM
    Well i have just flashed FI CV Black to my 1520...Cyan...checked call/wifi/3g working fine. Now i have just forced check for update and it's downloading it (OTA) will update you guys about it in detail once i get complete update
    12-20-2014 04:10 PM
76 123 ...