Known third party ATT unlock? Made a beautiful phone from two broken ones and now I have 0 phones.

greenbluekidz

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I purchased two Nokia 1520's from ebay. Both are locked to ATT. Both phones had physical damage and I was able to make a glorious phone between the two. I contacted ATT and was able to get the phone unlocked - no issues.

Shortly thereafter, I started having issues with the rear camera - black screen and would force the phone to reboot. The display started going all wonky - colored lines, sephia colors etc. I figured that I could live with the wonky display as it would reset itself. I swapped out the camera module from the phone I was saving for spare parts. Camera still didn't work. So I took the working phone apart again, and swapped out the board (the top one that the camera module is attached to). Lo and behold - camera worked, display stopped going wonky! I had a perfect phone with the exception that it no longer vibrated.

The IMEI numbers of course are different so I go back to ATT to get the IMEI number unlocked and they won't as there is a balance on the phone apparently? I ran the IMEI number through all the checkers I could find and they all confirmed that the IMEI was unblocked. Does anyone know of any great tips to get ATT to unlock the IMEI? The phone is literally in pieces as I stripped the parts off to keep as backup parts.

I love this phone. I could put the original board with the unlocked IMEI but then I am stuck with a wonky display and no camera. I don't see any other method of fixing the old board.

I have to mention too that I am in Canada and want to use the phone with Telus.

​​Help!!

greenbluekidz

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
When I called, they wouldn't even give me that information.

After 5 calls and 8 emails, ATT provided the unlocked code. The last CS rep I spoke to stated that all on the other calls/correspondence, the agents that I was dealing with assumed that I was the account holder. She apologized actually and that was nice.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
When I called, they wouldn't even give me that information.

After 5 calls and 8 emails, ATT provided the unlocked code. The last CS rep I spoke to stated that all on the other calls/correspondence, the agents that I was dealing with assumed that I was the account holder. She apologized actually and that was nice.
Very good news!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe you got them to do that.

Maybe I can pay you to email/call them for me, because they just tell me to get lost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss