Where are we at with the 1520 touch bugs?

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've read alot online about the supposed fixes that were made to correct the problem (touching with no response and delayed scrolling for me) but haven't really figured out where we're at in the process of getting this worked out. I just got my 1520 three days ago (had a 920...bless its soul. Had to be replaced 4 times until I finally chewed them out and they sent me a new red 1520 for $75) and im noticing that lag at times.

Where we at?

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I think you're confusing the tap/swipe issue due to loose contacts, with whatever you're experiencing.

I never experienced NO reaction to touch.
I have heard of lag due to enrolling in de DP, so, don't run beta software if you want a smooth experience.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
It's been announced that the rest of Denim updates will be coming early 2015; whatever that means. I have also read that the people that flashed the Finnish Denim rom have noticed a real improvement in the lag and sensitivity.

I would say the we should hear more about the update in the next few days.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just had my 1520 replaced under warranty a few days ago for radio/connectivity reasons. Didn't have any touch/tap/swipe issues with it, nor do I have any issues with this new one. I have the latest PFD installed and no lag issues either.... It's amazingly fast!

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got a 1520 and I'm on the latest DP. I upgraded straight to it so I don't know if I had an issue before or not, but basically I have pretty regularly where I go to swipe/scroll and it does a tap instead, so that I have to go back and swipe/scroll. It never repeats it a second time, just every once in awhile a swipe is a tap no matter the pressure I use.

bL33d

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I just got a 1520 and I'm on the latest DP. I upgraded straight to it so I don't know if I had an issue before or not, but basically I have pretty regularly where I go to swipe/scroll and it does a tap instead, so that I have to go back and swipe/scroll. It never repeats it a second time, just every once in awhile a swipe is a tap no matter the pressure I use.

Same for me can get annoying.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
As crazy as it sounds.... Clean the screen with a baby wipe and run a paper kitchen towel after.... It makes all the difference. Haven't had an issue for weeks as I do that every day and make sure my hands are always grease free like washing my hands after a sandwich and not picking the phone up till then

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Annoying with my 1520 as well. The scroll-lift-finger gesture is always interpreted as a tap action. Frustrating especially when using Facebook app where there are lots of links and photos. I have not such issue on 1020, even with a screen with finger prints. Not sure if Denim can actually fix it.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As crazy as it sounds.... Clean the screen with a baby wipe and run a paper kitchen towel after.... It makes all the difference. Haven't had an issue for weeks as I do that every day and make sure my hands are always grease free like washing my hands after a sandwich and not picking the phone up till then

Mine did it from day one with a brand new phone though. I could see that over time, but not brand new. It definitely seems to be some kind of sensitivity setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett