Does anyone know of a Qi power ring that can be used with the 1520?
    I have a flip case I like and don't want to buy the ugly PMA case.
    Also, I already have several Qi chargers at home and at work. I don't want to have to buy PMA charge pads.
    Last edited by Just_Me; 01-03-2015 at 07:58 PM.
    01-03-2015 12:58 PM
    You have an AT&T 1520 (RM-940)?

You have to do surgery to get Qi. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...-solution.html

On a smart-alec side note... Qi Power Ring makes me think of this:

green-lantern-green-lantern-9910176-1680-1050.jpg
    sinime likes this.
    01-03-2015 02:48 PM
    Yes I know about hacking the charge coils.

I was asking about the charge rings that you plug into the USB port and lay the ring on a charge pad.
    Some thing like this one:
    toyotast165 likes this.
    01-03-2015 07:57 PM
    Ah... That's a new one for me...

Any that uses microUSB would work, right? So going from never saw to a quick search I'm able to find them on Amazon, eBay and via Bing search... What am I missing? I assume you tried some standard searches. They seem readily available.

What about the place you got the picture from? I assume that is a retailer.
    01-04-2015 01:30 AM
    Yes, just want to see if anyone was actually using one of these with the 1520. With the larger battery, how long does it take to recharge with one of these? My L920s would recharge relatively quickly with the Nokia plates.
    01-04-2015 12:46 PM
    My 1520.3 manages about 17-20% per hour either via Qi or USB. I imagine the ring will hit that same target area with good alignment on the charging plate...
    01-04-2015 02:01 PM
    I'm using the below $14 QI pad that hides under a case, it works with all my flat and upright Nokia QI chargers. It doesn't work with the CR-200 car mount though, so I'm going to try a different case. I think it's just too hard for the car mount to get the signal.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU2926163
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-04-2015 11:12 PM
    I'm using the below $14 QI pad that hides under a case, it works with all my flat and upright Nokia QI chargers. It doesn't work with the CR-200 car mount though, so I'm going to try a different case. I think it's just too hard for the car mount to get the signal.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU2926194
    Wow... that's an interesting gizmo. Tempting... would be a pain to have to disconnect it to get pictures off the phone though. Huh. Damn AT&T, as always.
    01-04-2015 11:33 PM
    Wow... that's an interesting gizmo. Tempting... would be a pain to have to disconnect it to get pictures off the phone though. Huh. Damn AT&T, as always.

Why disconnect it to get pictures off the phone? You could just do it via Wi-Fi to your computer.
    01-05-2015 12:34 AM
    Man. I can not wrap my head around that QI-ring.
    If you have to plug something into the phone, it might as well be a cable from the charger, at least you could use the phone while charging.

What advantage am I missing here?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-05-2015 03:41 AM
    If you have to plug something into the phone, it might as well be a cable from the charger, at least you could use the phone while charging.

The only advantage I can see is that you would be able to lift up the charging phone and use it while walking around a bit if you wished, and would then just place it back onto the charger plate to continue. Also, a ring is probably easier to carry around than a plug and a cable, although charging plates are not as commonly found as commercial power ports.

Starbucks has installed the other standard (PMA) plates at a number of their shops, and you can either buy or rent a PMA ring from them.
    01-05-2015 09:43 AM

For me it is due to the fact that I get pulled away from my desk a thousand times a day and have a million cables on my desk and work bench. The Qi pads are already installed out of sight. It is a pain to have to plug the ring into the phone, but at least no wires draped about.
    I think I will just go with the thin film Qi plugin. I can embed that in the back of my flip case.
    RumoredNow and Jazmac like this.
    01-05-2015 08:06 PM
    ...I think I will just go with the thin film Qi plugin. I can embed that in the back of my flip case.
    ​Ultimately I think that is the better move.
    jodeltje likes this.
    01-05-2015 08:44 PM
    Just make sure you get the one with the correct orientation for your power port. Small side up or small side down, etc.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-05-2015 09:25 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU2932788
    This is interesting. One of the comments on Amazon said that slow charge message comes up. Did you see that on your 1520?
    01-09-2015 12:14 PM
    This is interesting. One of the comments on Amazon said that slow charge message comes up. Did you see that on your 1520?
    I actually traded the 1520 back in and am waiting on an RM-1045 (930) to show up in the mail. I don't remember seeing that message, but as a test I plugged that pad into my 830 and held it off to the side putting only the pad on the charger. No slow charge message and my 830 is set to notify me when it happens. Maybe that reviewer had too thick a case or it wasn't matched up well or something. Honestly though, it's wireless charging so it is going to be slower regardless. :) I'm actually going to put this on my 8" Dell tablet now to see how well it works.
    01-09-2015 09:34 PM
    I actually traded the 1520 back in and am waiting on an RM-1045 (930) to show up in the mail. I don't remember seeing that message, but as a test I plugged that pad into my 830 and held it off to the side putting only the pad on the charger. No slow charge message and my 830 is set to notify me when it happens. Maybe that reviewer had too thick a case or it wasn't matched up well or something. Honestly though, it's wireless charging so it is going to be slower regardless. :) I'm actually going to put this on my 8" Dell tablet now to see how well it works.
    As it turns out, that is an option you can enable on the 1520. Mine is enabled to show that but yours may not have been. I am tempted to grab a couple of those chargers. I usually charge it overnight and at work, leave it on my desk to charge so even if slow, it should be ok. The 1520 already has great battery.
    01-10-2015 03:51 AM