Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, BUT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Manahan

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
This is not a "bash Windows" post :eek:rly:

I bought a Nokia Lumia 1520 and switched to Windows Phone from Android only a few months ago.

I love the 1520 and the look of Windows OS, but the app situation is slowly driving me crazy. I'm probably going to try out iOS via the 6 Plus this week.

One thing I'm going to miss is the look of Windows Phone. I love the tiles. On iMore (iPhone's forums), they have the usual "show us your lock screen and home screen" threads. These are pretty hilarious. It's basically a bunch of people posting the same thing with only the wallpaper image changed. I hate how static and non-customizable iOS is compared to Windows and Android. What's the point of showing a lock screen and wallpapers when they're so boring?

So even though I'm probably leaving Windows Phone for now and have only been with it for a brief time, I still have a bit of an allegiance and appreciate the system.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
You could get an almost Windows phone experience on Android using Launcher 8 Pro. Here's what mine looks like on a One Plus One.

2rc6hbp.png

I still go back to my 1520 every so often but the lack of some apps makes it difficult.

Jean Sagarese

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I will miss the live tiles and I will miss Cortana but I cannot wait to get my iPhone 6 Plus and would be today if I didn't care about the unlimited data but no way will I give that up.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I will miss the live tiles and I will miss Cortana but I cannot wait to get my iPhone 6 Plus and would be today if I didn't care about the unlimited data but no way will I give that up.

Are you on Verizon with a grandfathered unlimited data plan with an upgrade available? It's simple to get a new phone at the subsidized price and keep your unlimited data. I and many others have done it.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I used a 1520 for almost a year, and there are some things that I really miss about Windows Phone (Glance, the keyboard, the volume controls, live tiles and the overall interface), but I wouldn't be able to switch back from my iPhone 6 Plus, there's just too many apps I use that aren't on Windows Phone, and my music experience is painless now compared to what i had to deal with for Xbox Music. It also doesn't help that a lot of Microsoft's apps seem to perform better on iOS as well.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you'll surely miss the wonderful Live Tiles. Compared to those boring bunches of icons on iOS and Android, Live Tiles are far superior, that's why I love the OS. But, you will also miss... that feel when desperately waiting for an update, that feel when MS messes up something, that feel when iOS and Android get a new app/game and WP is left in the cold... and most obviously, you'll miss the lack of apps... And of course, many more, both good and bad. Anyway, happy switching. ;)

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I love my 1520 (other than it's size), but I find myself going to AT&T a lot to play with the iPhone 6, trying to decide if I want to switch back to iOS. I really is a hard decision.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey I came from Android to Windows Phone. I don't usually comment on threads like this and when I do I'm very critic to WP even thought I'm some kind of super WP fanatic. I'm just being fair about it. There were painful times and still are with WP, but through time I just feel in love with it. I'M IN NO WAY MOVING TO ANDROID OR IOS (even thought I don't use iPhone) I'm not impressed by any of them anymore now, not even Lolipop update. Windows Phone just brings out the right feel. Only app gap there is for me, are social network apps that I don't really need, because there are other ways to hangout lol. Or just use Skype. However for everyone's surprise there are tons of productive apps on WP that Android lacks and I have bought tons of more USEFUL, GOOD LOOKING apps on my WP than on my Android. I can't tell about iOS productivity apps.. I see a lot of appealing apps in iOS Store on the website and all around the forums, yet I don't find the iPhone that good that I would want one even for free. I'd probably sell it for Microsoft next flagship. Or maybe keep it just for the sake of productivity on the move.

I apologize for my English
There you go SOME POSITIVE WORDS ABOUT WINDOWS PHONE over all this forum posts about switching :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb