I watched from a 920 to the 1520. I love the phone so except for this fight I'm having with it and SD cards. I have two SD cards, that are identical... SanDisk 64GB Ultra's. Both are formatted through Windows to exFAT32. With each, if I place apps on them, within a day about a third of then become greyed out and un-accessble. Anyone else having this use issue and/out have a solution? Anyone have a link to a different card of either equal storage size or greater, that they have put through the ringer and have had no problems?
    01-06-2015 08:46 AM
    I'm using a SANDISK UDHC 64GB sd card in my Lumia 1520 too, but without issues. I gotta say though that I used the Windows Phone to format it, not Windows.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-06-2015 08:49 AM
    Format them in your phone and check again.
    By the way it is exFat or Fat32.
    SanDisk is a good brand and should work. Or it is a "Chinese" copy
    Last edited by Harrie-S; 01-06-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    01-06-2015 08:52 AM
    Format them in your phone and check again.
    By the way it is exFat or Fat32.
    SanDisk is a good brand and shout work. Or it is a "Chinese" copy
    Sorry...exFAT.. I've tried formatting them in the phone with the same result. I dont believe them to be knock offs because both came in Sandisk packing and not some baggy. Hmmmm. Thanks for the responces though.
    01-06-2015 08:59 AM
    Guess you already did but did you check them on errors in your PC. Or maybe use them a while in your computer like copy some thing on them etc. to see if they also fall on your computer. Or do a read/write speed test on them.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-06-2015 10:34 AM
    Guess you already did but did you check them on errors in your PC. Or maybe use them a while in your computer like copy some thing on them etc. to see if they also fall on your computer. Or do a read/write speed test on them.
    While not a bad idea, it's not really necessary. Should the sd card contain corrupted data or be broken, he would've been notified by WP already and prompted to perform a scan.
    01-06-2015 10:38 AM
    I have an app that will save videos from the net. I am noticing that if I don't use the app for sometime, I don't seem to get corruption. When using the app to save a video, within a day I will get corruption. Could I be imagining this or is it possible for an app to have a coding flaw that causes it to corrupt a sd card when writing to it?
    01-06-2015 11:23 AM
    No idea but nothing is perfect. Did you google the app to see if more people had a similar experience.
    Or check in the store under reviews.
    At least you have a suspect so please try to "prove" it. Could you for example check the SD you have now in your phone on errors with your computer. Then download a video and check the SD again on errors with your computer. If the app leaves an "open" end maybe it could be detected by your computer.
    01-06-2015 11:43 AM
    Well it's not always the app, the phone might have some issues as well. I've realized sometimes if the phone starts having issues with the microSD card it sticks to it unless its flashed, software reset or updated again. I used to have issues the OP mentioned with my 830. After a flash the issue went away but it came back again after another reset. Also all of my songs stored on the microSD card show in the Other category under Storage Sense which tells me it's more of a software bug rather than an issue with the microSD card itself
    01-06-2015 12:00 PM
    Hard to believe two separate SD cards identical would show the same problem. Sounds more like a phone problem. Solution maybe as simple as a hard reset, restore and reformat the cards. I assume both are high Class and are the same there.
    princeegli likes this.
    01-06-2015 01:11 PM
    First thing I would do is format the card in Windows. Uncheck the box next to "Quick Format." It will take awhile for the card to be formatted so don't panic. I had two Sandisk cards in two devices give me issues until I formatted them without "Quick Format" at least once. Now they give me zero problems and great performance.

After doing the full format pop the card in the phone and let the phone format it and set it up. Let us know if that works.
    01-06-2015 01:37 PM
    I dont believe them to be knock offs because both came in Sandisk packing and not some baggy.
    packaging matters not.... a friend tried calling sandisk on what he believed to be an official 128GB card that came in official packaging and they verified it as a fake. the fakes are getting REALLY hard to tell from official cards. you could always google and run H2TestW (1.4 or higher). it'll test the card for you, verifying if it's capacity is real or not.
    01-06-2015 01:41 PM
    These are Class 10 cards and more in reading people saying the class 10's can be trouble some with some phones. What class are you guys using?
    01-06-2015 09:38 PM
    I use this, and it works great for me. I formatted it with the phone.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

01-06-2015 10:06 PM
    What are the read/ write speeds of the SD cards
    01-06-2015 11:07 PM
    These are Class 10 cards and more in reading people saying the class 10's can be trouble some with some phones. What class are you guys using?
    Class 10 of course. I don't remember the exact read/write speeds, but it was something along 60MB read and 40MB write or so.
    Regarding fakes.. If you get these things off of ebay or the likes, you can never be sure if it's a fake one or not. That's the very reason why I prefer buying devices/accessories like that in real stores.
    01-07-2015 02:39 AM
    Class 10 of course. I don't remember the exact read/write speeds, but it was something along 60MB read and 40MB write or so.
    Regarding fakes.. If you get these things off of ebay or the likes, you can never be sure if it's a fake one or not. That's the very reason why I prefer buying devices/accessories like that in real stores.
    Got mine from Amazon Prime.
    01-07-2015 07:47 AM
    Got mine off of Amazon also, with no problems.
    01-07-2015 09:17 AM
    This is driving me nuts...i swapped sd cards and this problem is still there!
    01-08-2015 06:19 PM
    Hard to believe two separate SD cards identical would show the same problem. Sounds more like a phone problem. Solution maybe as simple as a hard reset, restore and reformat the cards. I assume both are high Class and are the same there.
    I agree.....ide backup,and do a hard reset,not a soft reset,then IDE try formatting card in phone.
    .....one Tim I had to do 2 hard resets,back to back....before it started working right.....been fine since
    01-09-2015 02:57 AM
    It appears to be one app causing it. App is fine if I leave it on the phone, but if I put it on the card, it goes flacky,gets lost and so do a bunch of other apps that where fine. I'd just leave that app on the phone, but it downloads a lot and really need it to be on the SD card with extra storage. Problem is, it is suppose to download at 10mb, but downloads to 34mb. Happens on two separate phones now, but I cant convince the developer of it. Oh, well.
    01-21-2015 02:36 PM