03-15-2015 03:13 PM
108 1234 ...
tools
    how did u gflash it?!
    i tried and it didnt work!
    01-09-2015 06:55 AM
    As I am still on my flawless 820 I don't think Denim is going to do much for me anyway. Cyan which brought saving apps to the SD card was the most important and I have that one. Pity those poor people on Verizon who have not gotten Cyan with their 822 and 928's. Thought about a 830 or a 735 but decided to wait. Got 1100$ set aside to get something really nice. Bought a Moto G lte to backup my 820 and play with until they do SOMETHING. Sept is a long way off. I only worry that many WP users are not willing to wait and are already leaving. Can't say as I blame them, but maybe they can make up for it with new users changing from feature phones with the 535/635. I also bought a 635 when they were giving them away for 39$. It is really nice for that little bit of money.
    01-09-2015 01:11 PM
    Is a waiting game... what else? And to make thing worse, the low end models get it first than the high end ones..... What logic
    That is because the low end phones don't even get anything special. No camera improvements, no camera app, just the 8.1 update in the latest dev preview with the mobile toggle switch and live folders. Calm down.
    Timbre70 and aximtreo like this.
    01-09-2015 05:21 PM
    As I am still on my flawless 820 I don't think Denim is going to do much for me anyway. Cyan which brought saving apps to the SD card was the most important and I have that one. Pity those poor people on Verizon who have not gotten Cyan with their 822 and 928's. Thought about a 830 or a 735 but decided to wait. Got 1100$ set aside to get something really nice. Bought a Moto G lte to backup my 820 and play with until they do SOMETHING. Sept is a long way off. I only worry that many WP users are not willing to wait and are already leaving. Can't say as I blame them, but maybe they can make up for it with new users changing from feature phones with the 535/635. I also bought a 635 when they were giving them away for 39$. It is really nice for that little bit of money.
    822 and 928 users on Verizon got denim in December, Verizon skipped Cyan(or bundled it with Denim however you wanna look at it. It's us ICON owners that are stuck waiting for "early 2015" Denim release.
    01-09-2015 05:27 PM
    OK

My complaint is the near constant bombardment of new threads and posts about "where is my update?"

It comes when it comes and nothing to be done until it arrives except relax. I trust my Denim is somewhere in the process and my device is not forgotten like some Android that stops receiving updates after 6 months - if ever...

whaaa.gif
    01-09-2015 06:02 PM
    Cant imagine the absolute INSANITY that will ensue when Windows 10 is released, this will seem like a child pouting in comparison..... 😏
    01-09-2015 06:35 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whaaa.gif 
Views:	278 
Size:	490.7 KB 
ID:	93388
    Hey, the OP asked me to complain. I'm not complaining about the wait, unlike the 8,256,759 posts around the board which do.

Nice Gif though. Very creepy.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-09-2015 08:34 PM
    When I finally get Denim, I may well wonder how it was that I lived without it.

For now, though, it seems like it's some camera updates - big deal. Not worth all this hand-wringing, questioning the future of the platform, and on and on.
    01-09-2015 08:48 PM
    Hey, the OP asked me to complain. I'm not complaining about the wait, unlike the 8,256,759 posts around the board which do.

Nice Gif though. Very creepy.
    I know that. I was just adding some spice to your post about the whiners.
    RumoredNow and aximtreo like this.
    01-09-2015 09:17 PM
    People are so impatient about an update they don't have. Your phone still works just as good as it has been. What's so hard about waiting?

If Microsoft would just shoot updates out without telling anyone, we won't see so much whining, moaning, and complaining.
    RumoredNow and aximtreo like this.
    01-10-2015 12:51 AM
    I agree with the OP, I'm looking forward to the update, also, because I too, like something new ...

That being said, the constant whining is a tad off-putting, especially coming from the Lumia 520 / 521 users - they'll ONLY receive the WinPhone 8.1.1 upgrade (NO Denim camera improvements) which are currently available thru Dev Preview.

I repeat, if you have a lower spec'd device, the improvements are already available thru Dev Preview, nothing else, it is what it is!

My Lumia 1520 works great (other than some screen flex issues) on the latest iteration of Dev Preview, it'll come when it comes. In the meantime, I continue to read the forums / WinPhone news for any sign of the Denim update for the AT&T Lumia 1520.
    L Beezy likes this.
    01-10-2015 08:33 AM
    I have a phone with a 20 megapixel camera and I hate taking photographs with it. Dead slow.
    01-10-2015 04:35 PM
    I have a phone with a 20 megapixel camera and I hate taking photographs with it. Dead slow.
    Yeah i know feeling,i am selling my 1020 ,to get 930 unlocked version most likely,hope denim pushes out globally,and keep an eye out for Jan 21, win 10,announcement
    01-10-2015 04:55 PM
    It's just a relief to talk about the slow updates 😂
    01-11-2015 05:52 PM
    And that's the problem right there. CrApple(Crap+Apple=CrApple), wants monopoly to be #1 and pays the cell phone carriers lots of $$$$ to promote and push their iJUNK as much as they can, and to push all iJUNK's updates 1st and as soon as it comes out, and hold back Windows and Android updates. This kind of BS tactic, works for CrApple, by frustrating other brand's customers, so they will switch to iJUNK, since they get update and service so quickly.
    This BS tactic is 100% wrong and should be taken to curt. However, i will NEVER, EVER switch to iJUNK and give into this PURE EVIL, GREEDY, Overrated, Trash, Gay, Hyped-Up.............. company. Nor, i'll take their iJUNK phns, even if it was free.

If you want the latest Windows Update. Just download Developer Preview and run the latest windows update on your own directly from MS. this waiting crap from Cell phn carriers is bunch of BS. All they care about if iJUNK due to $$$$$$$$$$$ from CrApple.
    01-13-2015 03:39 PM
    If Microsoft would just shoot updates out without telling anyone, we won't see so much whining, moaning, and complaining.
    And yet we say "If they would only communicate..."
    3ateef and aximtreo like this.
    01-13-2015 03:43 PM
    I tweeted attcares to which they just sent me to their website and I got on them about it. He said if I needed more info to let him know...and a day later nothing.
    01-13-2015 06:39 PM
    I tweeted attcares to which they just sent me to their website and I got on them about it. He said if I needed more info to let him know...and a day later nothing.
    ....because ATT"doesn't"care. They want you to buy a new phone with that new Next contract...which oddly is more costly than the 24 month contract...than to push out updates to a phone that only sells in handfuls vs the other phones they sell in bucketloads.

If you search "at&t lumia denim update" you'll see the numerous threads on their community forums asking when this update is going to be pushed out. Not one community manager/rep can answer the question...
    Last edited by xconomicron; 01-14-2015 at 09:33 PM.
    01-14-2015 09:19 PM
    People are so impatient about an update they don't have. Your phone still works just as good as it has been. What's so hard about waiting?

The reason for the impatience is that some of us take a lot of pictures, because we like them or have young kids. For us, this update is VERY important... we will finally be able to get the shots we have been dying to take. We won't constantly miss moments as our kid freezes for two seconds and then breaks pose just before the camera takes the shot. We'll be able to use HDR, and pull frames from 4k video. These are big, important features, and we are very anxious to get them.

The communication problem is that Microsoft needs to communicate MORE, not less. If MS were open about what's going on, people could be a lot more understanding (and likely more patient as well). As is, it looks to most of us like the update is ready and they are just sitting on it for some unknown reason. Personally, I feel they are correcting issues or it is going through carrier certification... but it would be very nice to know what the status actually is.

MS went through a long period where they would communicate almost nothing. That riled people up much worse... because it looked like MS didn't care about Windows Phone at all. I almost left the platform because I was sure they were prepping to dump it.
    Jonnie LasVegas likes this.
    01-15-2015 11:33 AM
    i agree. its like they tell half of the story to get us really interested. Then the other half of the story when they feel like doing so... we are already seated and motivated since december 2014. What worse is that a few country already have it, and... we stuck with a cat & mouse games :-(
    01-15-2015 11:49 AM
    It's just a relief to talk about the slow updates 
    I wonder how is it a relief to talk about something that frustrates you? :) Unless you are using this forum as a lay chair and people on the forum cycle through as counselors:)

As far as Denim..

No, what happened, happened and couldn't have happened any other way.
    ->How do you know?
    We are still alive.
    01-15-2015 11:49 AM
    What left me really irritated about Denim was that it was promised in the reveal event it was to come to High end devices first in the last quarter of 2014.

Yet, we're in the half of January and there is no update for the 1520 except for Finland. I know that in the USA updates take a while because of the carriers, but I can't see why my 1520 CV didn't get the update yet.

It is not about how long it takes but more the feeling of a broken promise by microsoft. They didn't even step up to say "Ok, we can't launch it for Q4 2014, expect it to xx.xx.2015 date" Instead of "we are launching it in Q4 2014 after carriers testing and approvals" because the later sounds like BS when you have a CV phone.

The work Microsoft is doing is good, update wise, but the update cycle is faster on WP because they're trying to put it on par with IOS and Android, two OSs that had a lot more time to mature. Faster updates are one of the WP OS's differentiators anyway.

My point is, don't promise something you can't deliver, don't promise something and do the opposite, and if you do, bring your game together and communicate with your users better, without those vague corporate answers.

The Xbox team seems to have learned that in 2014, I hope the WP team does the same ASAP!
    Jonnie LasVegas likes this.
    01-15-2015 12:13 PM
    I wonder how is it a relief to talk about something that frustrates you? :) Unless you are using this forum as a lay chair and people on the forum cycle through as counselors:)
    Pretty basic psychology... people feel better when their feelings are validated. Someone feeling frustrated will usually find relief to know that others are also frustrated with the situation and support their point of view. Same reason your wife or husband tells you about her day and wants you to empathize with her feelings. Same reason people go to support groups (though obviously nothing as severe of course). :-)
    01-15-2015 01:29 PM
    Well I bet by the time you bought the phone it wasn't such a big problem or else you wouldn't have bought it? Nobody knew about the performance improvement nor was it announced. So you cannot blame MS. Although their startegy for denim rollout is indeed strange with their delays.
    I'm more keen about OS updates as there is much to improve still; far more than in device firmware.
    01-15-2015 04:15 PM
    ....because ATT"doesn't"care. They want you to buy a new phone with that new Next contract...which oddly is more costly than the 24 month contract...than to push out updates to a phone that only sells in handfuls vs the other phones they sell in bucketloads.

If you search "at&t lumia denim update" you'll see the numerous threads on their community forums asking when this update is going to be pushed out. Not one community manager/rep can answer the question...
    I'd love to hear you explain the passage I've bolded ...

IF you're on an old plan (w subsidy), why would you go NEXT
    BUT
    IF you're on the Mobile Share plan - NEXT is much cheaper!
    01-16-2015 02:35 PM
108 1234 ...