Q1 2015 and Denim for 1520 is still not out (except for Finland) . I'm dying here :')

Jacob Frye

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Please read my post again which you quoted... I did mention Bug Fixes and Security Patches as separate from new features and core OS advances such as the 8.1.1 + Denim Official will bring.
Yea but we've had to wait for sooo much. It seems like most of the great features for WP's are always "coming in the next update". It's been like that for a few years now... Don't get me wrong, I love the WP platform (I prefer my 1520 over my iPhone 6+ that's why I don't just have two iPhones like most of the people at my work) & plan on sticking around but it's hard for me to recommend it to anybody. I live near Brooks photography school and many of my friends that go there are very "techy" so I recommend it to them and that's pretty much it.. It's the Saab of phones.. It's the quirky, yet intelligent choice (& also hard to get parts for).

ultravi0let

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Yea but we've had to wait for sooo much. It seems like most of the great features for WP's are always "coming in the next update". It's been like that for a few years now... Don't get me wrong, I love the WP platform (I prefer my 1520 over my iPhone 6+ that's why I don't just have two iPhones like most of the people at my work) & plan on sticking around but it's hard for me to recommend it to anybody. I live near Brooks photography school and many of my friends that go there are very "techy" so I recommend it to them and that's pretty much it.. It's the Saab of phones.. It's the quirky, yet intelligent choice (& also hard to get parts for).

But how is that any different from IOS updates? I bought a 4s new when it was released. Each IOS update after the 4.x to 5.x made it work worse, and the forced upgrade to 7 basically bricked it. They also screw you in the sense that you cannot revert once a new IOS is released as they stop signing your version copy (this is very important). I have since had a 5, 5s, and now 6 in the household and I can say they also do not age well update/software-wise. In fairness, to single out WP as a grass-is-greener on the future platform is incorrect. It all comes down to what features we can live with and what we can live without.

Jacob Frye

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yea that's how IoS used to be for me too... That's why i jumped ship to WP in the first place... 95% of people don't mind "forced" updates or auto updates. And I'm not saying the grass is greener on the other side.. The iPhone doesn't have a decent camera & I hate the UI. I use it purely for work and a few apps. If I was going to single any OS out it would be Android. My gf and her friends all have Android devices and after a year or two they all have soooo many problems..

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just hope 10 has all this crap handled by Microsoft, or at least they flash radios separately from the OS and other device firmware so they can skip all the delays.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Do not be disappointed ... because we Finnish are beta testers for Denim (I got it almost 2 months ago) ... well, it was a big improvement for Lumia 1520 camera, but denim fw has still some bugs (it is still beta) ...

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Do not be disappointed ... because we Finnish are beta testers for Denim (I got it almost 2 months ago) ... well, it was a big improvement for Lumia 1520 camera, but denim fw has still some bugs (it is still beta) ...

Are you sure it is beta !! Coz I don't think an official update to the public can be beta ! It is not convenient at all, but hey we're missing the point here , I'm waiting but this wait is rather TOO long..

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
, but hey we're missing the point here , I'm waiting but this wait is rather TOO long

But the actual point is that microsoft has noting to gain in a delay and they never committed on a date that the rollout is finished.
If we assumed/concluded that a start of the rollout is also the same as all devices get it in 2 days than that is our "mistake".

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
But the actual point is that microsoft has noting to gain in a delay and they never committed on a date that the rollout is finished.
If we assumed/concluded that a start of the rollout is also the same as all devices get it in 2 days than that is our "mistake".

Yeah true what you say , but does it have to lose ?!!

Jacob Frye

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure it is beta !! Coz I don't think an official update to the public can be beta ! It is not convenient at all, but hey we're missing the point here , I'm waiting but this wait is rather TOO long..

I ccompletely agree. I do concert promoting as a side job/hobby and I've been waiting for the camera upgrades like a hungry dog. I thought I would have Denim two festivals ago lol

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
If anyone from Microsoft is reading this , plz roll Lumia denim update to our Lumia 1520 in Palestine (Palestinian territories) and other countries that are waiting 😩

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb