Q1 2015 and Denim for 1520 is still not out (except for Finland) . I'm dying here :')

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: we're now in Q1 2015 and Denim for 1520 is still not out (except for Finland) . I'm dying here :

Is a waiting game... what else? And to make thing worse, the low end models get it first than the high end ones..... What logic

The fact that low ends are getting it is making me a bit angry , otherwise I'm just waiting

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: we're now in Q1 2015 and Denim for 1520 is still not out (except for Finland) . I'm dying here :

I can't be calm to be honest :p I love getting updates and it's snowing :') I need this fast camera

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Come on guys just flash the Finland rom and be over and done with waiting. I did that in the first week of December and have been enjoying Denim ever since. Just back up your phone before hand and you will only loose a few game high scores (except for games that have Facebook login mechanism or use a separate server)

im not bein able to flash finland rom
how did u do it? ?!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

The reason why low end devices have already received Denim, while flagships didn't is rather simple. The majority of WP sold actually are low end, so what Microsoft does is serve the majority of their users. Can't be mad at them.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

how did u gflash it?!
i tried and it didnt work!

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

As I am still on my flawless 820 I don't think Denim is going to do much for me anyway. Cyan which brought saving apps to the SD card was the most important and I have that one. Pity those poor people on Verizon who have not gotten Cyan with their 822 and 928's. Thought about a 830 or a 735 but decided to wait. Got 1100$ set aside to get something really nice. Bought a Moto G lte to backup my 820 and play with until they do SOMETHING. Sept is a long way off. I only worry that many WP users are not willing to wait and are already leaving. Can't say as I blame them, but maybe they can make up for it with new users changing from feature phones with the 535/635. I also bought a 635 when they were giving them away for 39$. It is really nice for that little bit of money.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Is a waiting game... what else? And to make thing worse, the low end models get it first than the high end ones..... What logic

That is because the low end phones don't even get anything special. No camera improvements, no camera app, just the 8.1 update in the latest dev preview with the mobile toggle switch and live folders. Calm down.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

As I am still on my flawless 820 I don't think Denim is going to do much for me anyway. Cyan which brought saving apps to the SD card was the most important and I have that one. Pity those poor people on Verizon who have not gotten Cyan with their 822 and 928's. Thought about a 830 or a 735 but decided to wait. Got 1100$ set aside to get something really nice. Bought a Moto G lte to backup my 820 and play with until they do SOMETHING. Sept is a long way off. I only worry that many WP users are not willing to wait and are already leaving. Can't say as I blame them, but maybe they can make up for it with new users changing from feature phones with the 535/635. I also bought a 635 when they were giving them away for 39$. It is really nice for that little bit of money.

822 and 928 users on Verizon got denim in December, Verizon skipped Cyan(or bundled it with Denim however you wanna look at it. It's us ICON owners that are stuck waiting for "early 2015" Denim release.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

OK

My complaint is the near constant bombardment of new threads and posts about "where is my update?"

It comes when it comes and nothing to be done until it arrives except relax. I trust my Denim is somewhere in the process and my device is not forgotten like some Android that stops receiving updates after 6 months - if ever...

Whaaa.gif

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Cant imagine the absolute INSANITY that will ensue when Windows 10 is released, this will seem like a child pouting in comparison..... 😏

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

When I finally get Denim, I may well wonder how it was that I lived without it.

For now, though, it seems like it's some camera updates - big deal. Not worth all this hand-wringing, questioning the future of the platform, and on and on.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Hey, the OP asked me to complain. I'm not complaining about the wait, unlike the 8,256,759 posts around the board which do.

Nice Gif though. Very creepy.

I know that. I was just adding some spice to your post about the whiners.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

People are so impatient about an update they don't have. Your phone still works just as good as it has been. What's so hard about waiting?

If Microsoft would just shoot updates out without telling anyone, we won't see so much whining, moaning, and complaining.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I agree with the OP, I'm looking forward to the update, also, because I too, like something new ...

That being said, the constant whining is a tad off-putting, especially coming from the Lumia 520 / 521 users - they'll ONLY receive the WinPhone 8.1.1 upgrade (NO Denim camera improvements) which are currently available thru Dev Preview.

I repeat, if you have a lower spec'd device, the improvements are already available thru Dev Preview, nothing else, it is what it is!

My Lumia 1520 works great (other than some screen flex issues) on the latest iteration of Dev Preview, it'll come when it comes. In the meantime, I continue to read the forums / WinPhone news for any sign of the Denim update for the AT&T Lumia 1520.

3ateef

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

I have a phone with a 20 megapixel camera and I hate taking photographs with it. Dead slow.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I have a phone with a 20 megapixel camera and I hate taking photographs with it. Dead slow.

Yeah i know feeling,i am selling my 1020 ,to get 930 unlocked version most likely,hope denim pushes out globally,and keep an eye out for Jan 21, win 10,announcement

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

It's just a relief to talk about the slow updates 😂

S T1

Banned
Oct 3, 2014
Visit site

And that's the problem right there. CrApple(Crap+Apple=CrApple), wants monopoly to be #1 and pays the cell phone carriers lots of $$$$ to promote and push their iJUNK as much as they can, and to push all iJUNK's updates 1st and as soon as it comes out, and hold back Windows and Android updates. This kind of BS tactic, works for CrApple, by frustrating other brand's customers, so they will switch to iJUNK, since they get update and service so quickly.
This BS tactic is 100% wrong and should be taken to curt. However, i will NEVER, EVER switch to iJUNK and give into this PURE EVIL, GREEDY, Overrated, Trash, Gay, Hyped-Up.............. company. Nor, i'll take their iJUNK phns, even if it was free.

If you want the latest Windows Update. Just download Developer Preview and run the latest windows update on your own directly from MS. this waiting crap from Cell phn carriers is bunch of BS. All they care about if iJUNK due to $$$$$$$$$$$ from CrApple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb