1520 rocks

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
AgentMikey,

I have a class 10 Scandisk 128gig card. On it I store all my apps along with video and games.

Earlier on this thread, it was posted that having apps on the internal memory will help with battery performance. I will have to try that and see how that goes 😊. Makes sense of having to access the SD card all the time can cause a drain on power.

Then again...I do not use my phone to play games all day long-99% is emailing, surfing, calls, and windowsphonecentral app ....

Please update when you determine if having apps on the SD card causes batt drain. I just got my card and only put photos and videos there...and I placed Fav photos on the phone (not SD) so the live tile won't draw from the SD...hopefully my 1520s amazing batt life will stay amazing!

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I just got a 1520. Though I am located in the UK, I have the HK variant, which I bought from an online store. The price was very reasonable and much lower than what I saw available on eBay and other such places.

I should also mention that I was up for a phone upgrade and I had bought the 830 to replace my trusty 720. I also liked the 830 a lot. But I also wanted a bigger screen and thus my interest in the 1520. I was a bit apprehensive about the size of the 1520, but after a day of initial awkwardness, it has grown on my and I am not sure I will be able to switch to a smaller sized phone after this - the benefits are immense in so far as my needs are concerned. I use my phone principally as a data device and only secondarily as a phone, which is also why my SIM-only contract has limited minutes but unlimited data and tethering arrangements. I enjoy surfing on the web, reading, going on Reddit, visiting sites like WC, among others, and other suchlike activities on the 1520.

While it is true that the 1520 has yet to get the Denim update (the 830 came with Denim or some element of it), I have put it on PfD and it is working just fine. I have not yet experienced any of the tapping/ screen issues thus far and the battery life has been more than satisfactory.

There is one thing that I do find funny about the 1520 though. I was comparing it to the 720 and it struck me that the 1520 is a giant-sized 720!!!!

All in all, I really like the 1520!

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Greetingsl,
purchased a 1520.2 from eBay recently .
940 [?] says hardware 4.1.0.0 so guess it's old.
Familiar with WP from HTC 8X days, but I surely have some catching up to do.
Got the unlock code from AT&T. I put in a sim it never asked for it.
Utilizing it on Consumer Cellular, seems to work well.
Still getting used to it ... it's LARGE, see things better on it though.
Any gottcha's on this hardware I should know about?
Going to try and use this as a daily driver.
TIA
EDIT: Just read thru 3 pages of complaints regarding the 1520, stopped reading them.
Ha, wonder why I bought it....
Lost the three navigation buttons on the bottom...until I did a factory reset.
Only a couple of days usage but seems fine.
Think the chipset is plenty powerful enough to run this.

Last edited:

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Congrats! I also couldn't be happier. The only confusing things is the updates...i have 8.1 and Cyan but m awaiting Denim. But if I update to W10 does Denim matter?

Our thoughts are similar. Denim is an update while WP10 is a new OS.
Denim corrects problems plus adds features. WP10 would need an install...and it's own corrections/updates.
Desktop install, which I'm familiar with, would give options of upgrade [keeping current settings/data] or fresh install which starts everything new.
In my experience a fresh install would be preferable.
Then the question turns to ....Why?
Wondering the benefits associated with 1) Denim, 2) WP10
My 1520 works well currently.
But:
-Bug fixes are always welcome.
-new features can be great.....or not.
-Understanding things can't stay static forever, progress must be allowed.
-My 1520 still has that new car smell. It will be like a new phone....again. Good/Bad
long winded to short:
Denim is needed until we get WP10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans