1520 rocks

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1520, 930 & 1020. I love my 1520 too. I love the size and battery. I do miss the image quality in pics on my 1020 though.

The 1520 has glance, camera improvements with denim and hey Cortana. It is the WP flagship and an amazing device.

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1520, 930 & 1020. I love my 1520 too. I love the size and battery. I do miss the image quality in pics on my 1020 though.

The 1520 has glance, camera improvements with denim and hey Cortana. It is the WP flagship and an amazing device.

I have att. Still on Cyan. Also i got the Poetic case from Amazon - nice! Rock on!

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Of course it is better. At the very least, I see lesser Resuming / Reloading nonsenses on 1520 as compared to the much slower 1020 running WP8.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
So much info here on SD cards. Which one do u use that doesn't reduce batt life and works well?

Try to get a Class 10 card. The faster the card, the better and reduces lag on your phone. Try to get as much storage as possible. You can store pretty much everything on your sd card such as photos, music and apps, so more storage the better ;) it is also more future proof.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Lovin my 1520 too....its still the king WP now,has been for a year....and when I get denim...it will be greater still.im going to get the 128 GB card....unless they come out with a 256 GB...lol

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Try to get a Class 10 card. The faster the card, the better and reduces lag on your phone. Try to get as much storage as possible. You can store pretty much everything on your sd card such as photos, music and apps, so more storage the better ;) it is also more future proof.

A thread here discussing cards warns that some cause bttery drain. Do u have a card, and how long doe your batt last?

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a SD card and left my phone off charge. Woke up at 10.30am and the battery was at 98% and was last charged 6 hours and 48 mins ago. Love the 1520. Had wifi off but location was left on

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A thread here discussing cards warns that some cause bttery drain. Do u have a card, and how long doe your batt last?

I'd think that would be for Apps on the card more than the actual card. Think about it a moment. The card is constantly being accessed for frequently used Apps... That would naturally be more battery intensive than internal memory.

I keep all my Apps stored on my phone and use the SD card foe media. I've got 32GB on board so there really is no problem for me working it this way.

My SD card recommend. Known Name Brand. If you never heard of it, stay away from it. I've a San Disk 64GB Ultra Plus microSDXC UHS-1 class and no worries. Format 64 GB and higher as exFAT, 32GB and lower as FAT32 (or just let the phone format it for you, it knows what it is doing).

I'm a light to moderate user and regularly get 2 to 3 days battery life. On a recent 32 day trip overseas I used my 1520.3 as a power user + with about 100 pics a day average, sometimes video as well, web searches, texting, Skype, navigation, Bing Translator, etc. etc. My battery lasted me each and every day for 12 or more hours in the field except on 2 days where I resorted to a 2800 mAh Halo recharge stick.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
just got my beast 2 days ago and absolutely luv this machine! it's just so fast and fluid and the screen is mesmerizing lol I just can't stop picking it up and messing with it... I did have to get used to the size and everyone who sees it can't help say " it's SO BIG" which I can't help say "that's what she said last nite" LMAO :winktongue:

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Unfortunately some of us do have it draining fast. I have wifi on for most of the day and Bluetooth and phone doesn't last the full day with moderate use.

Before we blame wifi and Bluetooth, the size of the battery should suffice to keep these settings on. Or am I wrong here?

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Unfortunately some of us do have it draining fast. I have wifi on for most of the day and Bluetooth and phone doesn't last the full day with moderate use.

Before we blame wifi and Bluetooth, the size of the battery should suffice to keep these settings on. Or am I wrong here?

What brand of SD card are you using? Do you have apps on the SD card or just media(music, videos etc)?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Question:
why do I have to be online to play all my songs in Music? Can the songs be downloaded?

Of course!

I just copy a bunch of my music to my SD card. You can either use the Windows Phone app for the PC, or just drag and drop your music to the "music" folder in Windows Explorer (File Explorer).

To "stream" your music from your Xbox music account requires you to have an "Xbox music pass" I believe. (It used to anyway.. I don't know if they've changed anything recently) I don't use that personally.. I refuse to pay a monthly fee to play my music, but that's just me.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
AgentMikey,

I have a class 10 Scandisk 128gig card. On it I store all my apps along with video and games.

Earlier on this thread, it was posted that having apps on the internal memory will help with battery performance. I will have to try that and see how that goes 😊. Makes sense of having to access the SD card all the time can cause a drain on power.

Then again...I do not use my phone to play games all day long-99% is emailing, surfing, calls, and windowsphonecentral app ....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3