1520 a good buy at this point?

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Had 3 .3's in the past. All had double tap issues. Have a green ATT version and have ZERO double tap issues. If you are in the US and in the market for a 1520, get one for $200 from Gazelles eBay store. 14 day return policy if you aren't happy. The carrier versions don't have double tap issues. The .3's do. Sad.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Had 3 .3's in the past. All had double tap issues. Have a green ATT version and have ZERO double tap issues. If you are in the US and in the market for a 1520, get one for $200 from Gazelles eBay store. 14 day return policy if you aren't happy. The carrier versions don't have double tap issues. The .3's do. Sad.

Not true. I've got an AT&T one that I bought when they came out. It has the issue. I just bought a used .3 from someone on here and it doesn't have the issue.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 has a major issue with thouchscreen which is not a faulty component but a design flaw which affects every device, just more or less serious and completely ignored by Nokia / MS. No official statement or fix until today! Another things that is complained about is shaky camera which is fixed by replacing the camera module.
If this phone works flawless it is able to give you the best user experience of any WP devices.
So if you wanna get it, make sure it is from a reputable seller where you can return / refund it without hassle. Also avoid those extra cheap offers since they are likely imported devices that are not under warranty in your region. Well don't believe what all WP fanboys say here but, bybuying this device, you asking for trouble somehow. It is evidence if you read across forums.
About the next version of WP; I would not guarantee that the 1520 receives it. Not every device that is capable in terms of hardware also receives the latest OS.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Received the latest white .3 from bh and sadly still touch issues. I am convinced every single handset had them to some degree. I've been through 5. Ordered tmos m8 2 days ago and stayed using yesterday. My second one and Happy with the phone plus I can pay over time. That $636 tag is a little ridiculous for end of life product but it's the only other phone vs the 1520 I was considering because I'm a spec *****.

I will be watching today to see what msft intends to do moving forward. They need to release a flagship soon.

Btw I went from one plus to note 4 to xperia z3. I give up on google. Don't trust them with my privacy.

Windows phone needs to enable full phone encryption, that's a giant missing feature.

UptownWebhead

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Well the news about Windows 10 definitely sold me in Windows again. Plus I found the 1520.3 for $340 so I snagged one up. Haven't encountered any touch issues yet but haven't entirely switched devices.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Why is it that the 1520 used at the conference showed no signs of defects, but everyone on this forum has issues with theirs?

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Why is it that the 1520 used at the conference showed no signs of defects, but everyone on this forum has issues with theirs?

Well because it was only used briefly for one. I have a 1520, havnt had an issue in days. I feel like a part of it is the way you use it. It you pay attention to the way you're touching and swiping I feel like a good portion of the hiccups of this phone is avoidable. Its not a constant thing. However it does seem like that days that you're having not such a great day, and are maybe a little stressed or frustrated, it will happen all the time lmao

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Well because it was only used briefly for one. I have a 1520, havnt had an issue in days. I feel like a part of it is the way you use it. It you pay attention to the way you're touching and swiping I feel like a good portion of the hiccups of this phone is avoidable. Its not a constant thing. However it does seem like that days that you're having not such a great day, and are maybe a little stressed or frustrated, it will happen all the time lmao

As I'm writing this on my m8 I wish desperately I had a working 1520.3 in my hands. I miss the beautiful big screen and wireless charging and camera and feel and so on, I may just may give it one final go. Anywhere I can get a new one other than bhphotos $519 price tag? I know .3 variant brings all the money but it's a year and a half old already and it's just so steep.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Baaaaaah! Oh my. I just placed the order. And paid the $30 overnight shipping. I don't know if I'm crazy or because it's after 1am and my insomnia is twisting my thinking. I just feel in love with the Lumia design language. Thank God my wife doesn't read these forums. This shall be our secret only. :D

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I sure hope so. Just bought a red 940 1520.2 refurb with wallet case.
Seems to run well.
Have used it for a few days as my daily and it's great.
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you can find one for a nice price, I think it is still a solid device. Other than it sometimes opening items when scrolling, I have no complaints with mine.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll pick one up. Why the hell not? I went to my local Microsoft Store to check out the size. I love having a big screen since I use my phone for about 80% of my "computing" these days. E-mail, news, sports scores, social media, games, etc.
If it turns out to be defective or I just don't like it, I only have to wait until the end of the year to pick up a new flagship Lumia (hopefully).

MobiplayerUK

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I've received my green 1520 yesterday and been toying with it the whole weekend. Excellent screen, great battery life and love the looks.

All I can say is that I'm very pleased with my new Lumia.

Peter Wong3

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Received the latest white .3 from bh and sadly still touch issues. I am convinced every single handset had them to some degree. I've been through 5. Ordered tmos m8 2 days ago and stayed using yesterday. My second one and Happy with the phone plus I can pay over time. That $636 tag is a little ridiculous for end of life product but it's the only other phone vs the 1520 I was considering because I'm a spec *****.

I will be watching today to see what msft intends to do moving forward. They need to release a flagship soon.

Btw I went from one plus to note 4 to xperia z3. I give up on google. Don't trust them with my privacy.

Windows phone needs to enable full phone encryption, that's a giant missing feature.

Hmm I bought my Nokia lumia 1520.3 (New) on ebay it was only for $510 bought on October 19,2014. The seller said he bought it for $480 resold it due to it's size. I made a deal with the buyer and he agrees with my $510 price and sold it to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786