02-01-2015 07:17 PM
36 12
tools
    Well the news about Windows 10 definitely sold me in Windows again. Plus I found the 1520.3 for $340 so I snagged one up. Haven't encountered any touch issues yet but haven't entirely switched devices.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-21-2015 11:03 PM
    Why is it that the 1520 used at the conference showed no signs of defects, but everyone on this forum has issues with theirs?
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    01-22-2015 12:14 AM
    Why is it that the 1520 used at the conference showed no signs of defects, but everyone on this forum has issues with theirs?
    Well because it was only used briefly for one. I have a 1520, havnt had an issue in days. I feel like a part of it is the way you use it. It you pay attention to the way you're touching and swiping I feel like a good portion of the hiccups of this phone is avoidable. Its not a constant thing. However it does seem like that days that you're having not such a great day, and are maybe a little stressed or frustrated, it will happen all the time lmao
    01-22-2015 12:17 AM
    Well because it was only used briefly for one. I have a 1520, havnt had an issue in days. I feel like a part of it is the way you use it. It you pay attention to the way you're touching and swiping I feel like a good portion of the hiccups of this phone is avoidable. Its not a constant thing. However it does seem like that days that you're having not such a great day, and are maybe a little stressed or frustrated, it will happen all the time lmao
    As I'm writing this on my m8 I wish desperately I had a working 1520.3 in my hands. I miss the beautiful big screen and wireless charging and camera and feel and so on, I may just may give it one final go. Anywhere I can get a new one other than bhphotos $519 price tag? I know .3 variant brings all the money but it's a year and a half old already and it's just so steep.
    01-22-2015 02:02 AM
    Baaaaaah! Oh my. I just placed the order. And paid the $30 overnight shipping. I don't know if I'm crazy or because it's after 1am and my insomnia is twisting my thinking. I just feel in love with the Lumia design language. Thank God my wife doesn't read these forums. This shall be our secret only. :D
    01-22-2015 02:16 AM
    I sure thought it is because I just got one this morning for myself :)
    01-25-2015 04:55 PM
    I sure hope so. Just bought a red 940 1520.2 refurb with wallet case.
    Seems to run well.
    Have used it for a few days as my daily and it's great.
    dsc_0002.jpg
    dsc_0006.jpg
    pwrof3 likes this.
    01-25-2015 05:49 PM
    If you can find one for a nice price, I think it is still a solid device. Other than it sometimes opening items when scrolling, I have no complaints with mine.
    pwrof3 likes this.
    01-25-2015 06:21 PM
    I think I'll pick one up. Why the hell not? I went to my local Microsoft Store to check out the size. I love having a big screen since I use my phone for about 80% of my "computing" these days. E-mail, news, sports scores, social media, games, etc.
    If it turns out to be defective or I just don't like it, I only have to wait until the end of the year to pick up a new flagship Lumia (hopefully).
    01-25-2015 06:54 PM
    I've received my green 1520 yesterday and been toying with it the whole weekend. Excellent screen, great battery life and love the looks.

All I can say is that I'm very pleased with my new Lumia.
    02-01-2015 04:15 PM
    Received the latest white .3 from bh and sadly still touch issues. I am convinced every single handset had them to some degree. I've been through 5. Ordered tmos m8 2 days ago and stayed using yesterday. My second one and Happy with the phone plus I can pay over time. That $636 tag is a little ridiculous for end of life product but it's the only other phone vs the 1520 I was considering because I'm a spec *****.

I will be watching today to see what msft intends to do moving forward. They need to release a flagship soon.

Btw I went from one plus to note 4 to xperia z3. I give up on google. Don't trust them with my privacy.

Windows phone needs to enable full phone encryption, that's a giant missing feature.

Hmm I bought my Nokia lumia 1520.3 (New) on ebay it was only for $510 bought on October 19,2014. The seller said he bought it for $480 resold it due to it's size. I made a deal with the buyer and he agrees with my $510 price and sold it to me.
    02-01-2015 07:17 PM
36 12