03-04-2015 02:00 PM
245 12345 ...
tools
    Maybe she doesn't understand ur Indian accent? lol try saying it with an American cowboy accent
    01-17-2015 12:02 PM
    Maybe she doesn't understand ur Indian accent? �� lol try saying it with an American cowboy accent
    At first i thought that too. But i tried to press the mic icon insided cortana and spoke a few commands and it detected them perfectly. So accent is definitely not the problem. Its the Hey Cortana that is little borked i think. It took me around 50 shouts of Hey cortana to train her. lol , if my mum heard, she would have though I'm trying to summon a demon or something by chanting "Hey Cortana" again and again. :p
    01-17-2015 01:53 PM
    Since MS's hardware and software is found in all of these carriers place of business, why is it that Apple doesn't require such restrictions on releasing updates and yet it was shown that they too are fallible in their own systems. This whole testing talk is crap. Since WP doesn't make up close to a 1/4 of revenue for any of these carriers the amt of issues that could/would occur would be so miniscule that if incurred would be almost unnoticeable. It's just another way to say go f..k yourself MS.

What MS needs to do is when announcing updates is to do so near completion of updates so that when it's announced the release is just a month away to the ENTIRE WORLD. Will never understand why say to me today you love me and then show me almost a year later, are you saying I'm to endure the hate/mistreatment until.....!!!

Apple has only one phone. Radio firmware is all that varies. WP has many more OEMs and different device configurations to contend with before even dealing with radios. Apple should be releasing perfect updates. Can you imagine the clusterf**k they'd have if iOS was distributed to others?
    01-17-2015 04:01 PM
    Q1 ... The wait is on... Icon owner.
    01-17-2015 04:09 PM
    Is there a alpha for cortana in india??? I have no clue about that. I'm using out of region cortana but having a really hard time training Hey Cortana. It detects me only one out of 10 times during training but once training is done, detection is almost perfect. Dont know what is going wrong during the training. :/
    Follow the charts in this link to get Cortana set up for your region or any alternate.

When, where, and on what phones is Cortana available? How to - Microsoft Community
    01-17-2015 05:08 PM
    Apple has only one phone. Radio firmware is all that varies. WP has many more OEMs and different device configurations to contend with before even dealing with radios. Apple should be releasing perfect updates. Can you imagine the clusterf**k they'd have if iOS was distributed to others?
    That is no excuses. The biggest share is Nokia Lumias. Yes radios are different and varies between countries and that's up to carriers to test. But Lumias are Lumias. Release for Lumia first, then come other minority OEMs. Make the majority users happy first.
    01-18-2015 06:35 AM
    That is no excuses. The biggest share is Nokia Lumias. Yes radios are different and varies between countries and that's up to carriers to test. But Lumias are Lumias. Release for Lumia first, then come other minority OEMs. Make the majority users happy first.
    Why so impatient...
    01-18-2015 06:44 AM

You're right, it's not an excuse. It is however, the facts.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-18-2015 10:55 AM
    Why so impatient...
    I believe I'm not the only person who is feeling impatient about how slow the update is. Is not about how patient one has to be, but how long MS is going to take? Another 1-2months? Or 3?
    Vyenkatesh likes this.
    01-18-2015 07:36 PM
    You're right, it's not an excuse. It is however, the facts.
    Fact is, MS taking their own sweet time. And the low end models getting the updates first. Fact is, lots of Lumia users are getting impatient and frustrated how long MS is going to take.
    Vyenkatesh likes this.
    01-18-2015 07:36 PM
    I totally agree...
    01-18-2015 07:38 PM
    I'm really tired of this waiting game and hence ended up flashing Finland Cyan to my Malaysia "False" Denim updated 1520 and now a happily Official Finland Denim equipped Lumia 1520 Malaysian user :)
    Guess I will just keep this region as I believe our beloved Malaysia region is always late in pushing out the updates.
    Perhaps you can consider the same bro. haha
    01-18-2015 07:41 PM
    I believe I'm not the only person who is feeling impatient about how slow the update is. Is not about how patient one has to be, but how long MS is going to take? Another 1-2months? Or 3?
    No. It is exactly about impatience. MS, being the topmost software company, knows pretty well how to update and when to update (well, except some unexpected issues).

If the update is being delayed for some phones, then there is a reason for that, don't you think? Or do you think there is a guy sitting in an office at MS, that keeps laughing every time he points the cursor to the "Release update" button, but keeps not doing that for personal reasons whatsoever? That's too silly.
    RumoredNow and jodeltje like this.
    01-19-2015 07:45 AM
    I think there are two problems. First there are too many models and country variants. Second cellular operators have too much power over phone software. Operators want to sell subsidized locked phones, OK. But they shouldn't need control over the operating system to do this. Microsoft can provide a mechanism for operators to lock phones but the OS updates can be completely separate from operators.

Huge number of models * huge number of countries * huge number of cellular operators = completely unmanageable update situation.
    01-19-2015 09:36 AM
    If the update is being delayed for some phones, then there is a reason for that, don't you think? Or do you think there is a guy sitting in an office at MS, that keeps laughing every time he points the cursor to the "Release update" button, but keeps not doing that for personal reasons whatsoever? That's too silly.
    +1520.3, Exactly.

No users are being punished/blackmailed/whatever as the reason for delaying the release. Microsoft is not monitoring the forums waiting for the number of complaints to reach X# before issuing the update.
    01-19-2015 09:37 AM
    ...Huge number of models * huge number of countries * huge number of cellular operators = completely unmanageable update situation.
    Or

Huge number of models * huge number of countries * huge number of cellular operators = controlled staging update situation mandatory.
    01-19-2015 09:39 AM
    I think there are two problems. First there are too many models and country variants. Second cellular operators have too much power over phone software. Operators want to sell subsidized locked phones, OK. But they shouldn't need control over the operating system to do this. Microsoft can provide a mechanism for operators to lock phones but the OS updates can be completely separate from operators.

Huge number of models * huge number of countries * huge number of cellular operators = completely unmanageable update situation.
    I see the correct maths in there.
    01-19-2015 09:40 AM
    I think Microsoft have released Denim for 1520 in Finland. Please somebody correct me if I am wrong. If not then... No questions. If yes then why not in other countries which does not have any operator restrictions and straight release pattern ? .i.e. India.
    Or does Denim released to Finland has some problems, hence MS does not want to release the same package to other regions?
    01-19-2015 09:47 AM
    No. It is exactly about impatience. MS, being the topmost software company, knows pretty well how to update and when to update (well, except some unexpected issues).

No. They are sitting there working on windows 10, having completely moved on from 8.1

They dont care about legacy customers. The nokia team never has. They seem incapable of making the mental link between looking after existing customers to then convert them to repeat purchasers
    01-19-2015 01:40 PM
    Does anyone have any idea when my icon on Verizon will get any update? At this point I don't care what I get, but I've had preview for developers for 9 months now and in August I got my icon. Then my god dang 822 that is crap compared to my icon gets denim!!!! Wtf Verizon???
    01-19-2015 01:44 PM
    Got lumia denim on 1520 UAE CV. Not on PFD
    01-19-2015 01:46 PM
    No. They are sitting there working on windows 10, having completely moved on from 8.1

They dont care about legacy customers. The nokia team never has. They seem incapable of making the mental link between looking after existing customers to then convert them to repeat purchasers
    Don't be silly. They do care about customers, otherwise their business didn't even exist. I personally hate dealing with customers, but I was working with them few years ago, and I know if you want to succeed - you have to be dedicated. Also MS are working on bringing Denim currently for least. Also we should expect (probably this month) an update for Xbox Music as well.

Also, I'm currently installing an update on my phone. Not sure what's in it.

Edit 1. It's Denim. Got "Hey Cortana" and can use the Camera 5.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-19-2015 03:46 PM
    Got it! In Lithuania. Seems faster.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-19-2015 04:40 PM

I agree with you. It is obvious as for some devices denim rolled out for the oem phones while the country variant devices still pending. Ans of course with such an "old" phone like the 1520 MS would welcome some users switching to 930 or so. But also they roll out in stages as they are concerned about the reliability of the Denim upgrade and therefore be able to pull the plug quickly if something went went wrong.
    Well Denim was said to be released for Q4/2014 now delayed to Q1/2015. Also last year Belfiore stated WP8 devices receive at least two major upgrades, namely GDR1 and GDR, officially. Well I wouldn't say MS is worse than competitors with their update policy but they have a lot to catch up if they want WP to be competitive with other mobile OS. Also what they did by denying an upgrade for the 7.x devices got many users mad at them.
    01-19-2015 05:22 PM
    Now available in Egypt.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-19-2015 05:22 PM
245 12345 ...