245 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Update available for UK CV....finally!!
    Pete and JasonKruys like this.
    02-02-2015 12:26 PM
    Update available for UK CV....finally!!
    😊 hope we will get Denim this week in india for 1520
    02-02-2015 09:40 PM
    Yes there is. There's roughly 2000 variants of the Denim firmware to test, which includes "Country Variant". Denim has to be tested on each variant of handset and then any fixes applied and retested. The same firmware image isn't applied to every CV 1520 in every country.
    Totally wrong
    02-02-2015 10:35 PM
    Totally wrong
    Totally true.

Attached text file contains a list of all of the Lumia variants as posted on the availibility charts. I've included the country names (something like 110 or so) and we have a row count of 2759.

That's a whole lot of testing.
    Attached Files
    02-03-2015 02:00 AM
    Totally true.

Attached text file contains a list of all of the Lumia variants as posted on the availibility charts. I've included the country names (something like 110 or so) and we have a row count of 2759.

That's a whole lot of testing.
    It is true. Microsoft is pushing the official 8.1.1 (+ Denim where applicable) OTA to waaaaaaay more discrete variations and configurations than any other mobile OS I can think of has attempted EVER in history.

If someone can name another and prove it true they should get a prize of some sort.

If someone wonders where their update is - this fact explains a lot.
    aximtreo and Pete like this.
    02-03-2015 10:12 AM
    I don't see why the number of devices is suddenly a problem, they managed to push Black and Cyan (even with its problems) relatively quickly. And its not going to get any easier with the seemingly endless numbers of low end devices MS is releasing. If they cant handle it now, good luck to them for Windows 10 and beyond.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-03-2015 11:57 AM
    I don't see why the number of devices is suddenly a problem, they managed to push Black and Cyan (even with its problems) relatively quickly. And its not going to get any easier with the seemingly endless numbers of low end devices MS is releasing. If they cant handle it now, good luck to them for Windows 10 and beyond.
    Just because you received a previous update quicker than this one doesn't mean the entire rollout didn't take as long as it is taking for Denim to hit devices. In fact, I do remember users on various forums complaining that they'd have to wait aaaaaages for Black and also Cyan to become available for them. It's no different this time.
    RumoredNow and Pete like this.
    02-03-2015 12:04 PM
    I think Microsoft is shuffling things around.... Updating more quickly on Denim for those that waited long on Cyan. Trying to be fair, as it were.

Of course many who have to wait don't see it as fair...
    dKp1977 likes this.
    02-03-2015 02:38 PM
    Just because you received a previous update quicker than this one doesn't mean the entire rollout didn't take as long as it is taking for Denim to hit devices. In fact, I do remember users on various forums complaining that they'd have to wait aaaaaages for Black and also Cyan to become available for them. It's no different this time.
    That's exactly the point, the number of device models is irrelevant to how fast or slow an update is released. And if anything I would think work on Windows 10 is more likely to cause the process to be prolonged, not how many devices there are.
    02-03-2015 03:00 PM
    also still waiting for lumia denim for my 1520 in the Netherlands. Odd the jump from UK to Australia, and skipping Holland (sad face). Running DP, but already noticing that denim should be close. I currently cannot use my lumia camera app because it says it won't work untill it gets the denim update and that I should check the phone update regularly. I have ben on my default microsoft camera app for the last 4 weeks now. Getting impatient....
    02-03-2015 06:01 PM
    apparently getting impatient isn't allowed here
    binnyandrews likes this.
    02-03-2015 06:49 PM
    Made my day!!!
    02-03-2015 07:14 PM
    Indeed. Others will start pounding on you once you start complaining how slow Denim is.... Already end of Jan, and still so few countries are receiving the updates..... That's really bad.
    binnyandrews likes this.
    02-03-2015 07:24 PM
    also still waiting for lumia denim for my 1520 in the Netherlands. Odd the jump from UK to Australia, and skipping Holland (sad face). Running DP, but already noticing that denim should be close. I currently cannot use my lumia camera app because it says it won't work untill it gets the denim update and that I should check the phone update regularly. I have ben on my default microsoft camera app for the last 4 weeks now. Getting impatient....
    You'll probably want to disable the tickbox in your Preview for Developer app, I', pretty sure there won't be any more developer updates. There's a superstition that you might get the consumer update sooner if you opt of of the developer updates.

Despite theefmans's assumption, Microsoft doesn't have a huge team dedicated to testing each of the 2500 or so variants so can only get through the testing/retesting at a certain pace (and obviously, there's a development cycle/certification process to follow if there's any problems found).

The schedule for the updates being released is based on firmware variants being signed off by testers and priority is weighted toward handsets that are selling well at the time. There are most probably other considerations that affect the release schedule.

All this means that what we see as customers is an almost arbitary/random sequences of releases.

If we personally don't see an update for our own handset/region/carrier it can mean that it's either not a big seller, or some issue shave been found during testing that are being resolved. I'm sure everyone would reather have a working firmware than a broken one...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-04-2015 01:40 AM
    You'll probably want to disable the tickbox in your Preview for Developer app, I', pretty sure there won't be any more developer updates. There's a superstition that you might get the consumer update sooner if you opt of of the developer updates.

Despite theefmans's assumption, Microsoft doesn't have a huge team dedicated to testing each of the 2500 or so variants so can only get through the testing/retesting at a certain pace (and obviously, there's a development cycle/certification process to follow if there's any problems found).

The schedule for the updates being released is based on firmware variants being signed off by testers and priority is weighted toward handsets that are selling well at the time. There are most probably other considerations that affect the release schedule.

All this means that what we see as customers is an almost arbitary/random sequences of releases.

If we personally don't see an update for our own handset/region/carrier it can mean that it's either not a big seller, or some issue shave been found during testing that are being resolved. I'm sure everyone would reather have a working firmware than a broken one...
    Tried with the tick box off, still no luck. I learned from other commenters on another Dutch blog they also don't have their denim update yet on a 1520 in the Netherlands.

Guess I still have to wait. They say patience is a virtue.
    02-06-2015 02:58 PM
    Pretty sure the 1520.3 was one of the later models to get Cyan and it seems like that'll be the case with Denim as well.

​Probably something to do with Latin America being slower to receive updates than Europe and Asia.
    02-06-2015 07:13 PM
    Waiting for Lumia denim update on my Lumia 1520 (937 rm) india on preview for developers.
    Region Usa for cortana .when are we getting it?any idea
    02-07-2015 03:32 AM
    Welcome at WC
    Sorry nobody here knows only Microsoft knows but they never tell when they release it.
    In below link you can see were it is already released but not when the next release will be due.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=VngQYcdD

Tip. If the denim is released it helps to get it if you unmark the box in the preview for developer app.
    02-07-2015 03:41 AM
    I want the lumia camera 5 , its too long a wait.
    02-07-2015 03:53 AM
    I want the lumia camera 5 , its too long a wait.
    I totally understand and many people want the update but the only thing we can do is wait till Microsoft (and WC is not Microsoft) releases the update and hope they hurry up. Sorry
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-07-2015 03:58 AM
    This is the problem of releasing news too early. People get antsy. I'm tired of hearing about it now. I'm starting to wonder if they should just wait until W10. Especially if this goes past February. (USA -1520-ATT)
    02-07-2015 05:00 PM
    I'm sick of waiting for denim for my "Icon" which is probably the only device still using the Black software... But I have 1 question... Will the Windows 10 preview use all new software? Looks like its a sure thing for this month.
    02-07-2015 06:58 PM
    Bad to hear that Latin America have to wait more for Denim.
    I have the country variant Lumia 1520 and no signals of the update here.
    Start to think to get an Iphone 6... :/
    02-07-2015 07:21 PM
  24. Luis Jovanny Garcia Sanchez's Avatar
    Anyone have the shaking camera, like its focusing but dont stop problem? Or anyone change the housing to an international version with wireless charging on a lumia 1520 for att??
    02-07-2015 07:44 PM
    Guys any news about the denim update for India Lumia 920??? Really getting frustrated about the release time. Being waiting for long and Microsoft is really testing patience of every WP users.
    02-09-2015 11:22 AM
245 ... 45678 ...