[L1520] Denim Update......

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay so i got the denim working and rich camera is nice. I'm having trouble setting up the cortana again. Even when i set the language and region as US, it says it is not supported in my region. What am i doing wrong?

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind. It was a conflict within settings. My speech setting was UK English and others were US english. Now its working absolutely fine. Loving my sexy 1520 ;)

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Since Denim is Firmware only I really don't expect it to fix the email and browser issues but I am really looking forward to the camera improvements.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, how hard is it to follow instructions and flash Finnish ROM?

Harder for some than others. My time around the forums and modding phones for the last 3+ years have shown me that there are many who have no business making the attempt. And many more who do and then cry, cry, cry when they bork their device and have no idea how to recover - or worse, they simply can't recover from what they have done. Truly it is not for everyone.

I received my sexy red 1520 today and first thing i did was flashed it to Finnish Cyan ROM...

Which variant did you get? BNIB? Many users are beginning to have difficulty locating a 1520... Got a link if it is a retailer (not private seller)?

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Harder for some than others. My time around the forums and modding phones for the last 3+ years have shown me that there are many who have no business making the attempt. And many more who do and then cry, cry, cry when they bork their device and have no idea how to recover - or worse, they simply can't recover from what they have done. Truly it is not for everyone.

Which variant did you get? BNIB? Many users are beginning to have difficulty locating a 1520... Got a link if it is a retailer (not private seller)?

I bought it from Flipkart.com in India. Its a RM-937 version.
Have to agree on the flashing part with you though. I'm so accustomed to flashing roms that it was natural and very easy for me to flash Finnish ROM. All it took were 5 to 6 clicks and 10 minutes. ;)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought it from Flipkart.com in India. Its a RM-937 version.
Have to agree on the flashing part with you though. I'm so accustomed to flashing roms that it was natural and very easy for me to flash Finnish ROM. All it took were 5 to 6 clicks and 10 minutes. ;)

And there you answered part of your original question. You went to an alternate RM-937 ROM. Those with an RM-938 or RM-940 have a harder time. There is no Finnish ROM with the proper radio firmware for our variants.

Welcome to the 1520 club. Glad you are settling in. Did you get the Indian alpha of Cortana or are you using an out of region beta?

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Since MS's hardware and software is found in all of these carriers place of business, why is it that Apple doesn't require such restrictions on releasing updates and yet it was shown that they too are fallible in their own systems. This whole testing talk is crap. Since WP doesn't make up close to a 1/4 of revenue for any of these carriers the amt of issues that could/would occur would be so miniscule that if incurred would be almost unnoticeable. It's just another way to say go f..k yourself MS.

What MS needs to do is when announcing updates is to do so near completion of updates so that when it's announced the release is just a month away to the ENTIRE WORLD. Will never understand why say to me today you love me and then show me almost a year later, are you saying I'm to endure the hate/mistreatment until.....!!!

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Dear MS,

You're WP users/owners do not WORK at any of the MS offices so when you announce any updates/features to be released to our devices please I beg of you STOP thinking that WE work in those same offices that you who release these announcements do. The time frame that you announce them does not fit into our wait and see schedule. If you've forgotten you're now trying to make our devices on par with what's already been on the rival OSes for a few yrs now. So when you announce anything to make our devices better don't automatically expect that we have the same "wait and see" mentality that those at MS who develop the software does.

Rgds WP user.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
And there you answered part of your original question. You went to an alternate RM-937 ROM. Those with an RM-938 or RM-940 have a harder time. There is no Finnish ROM with the proper radio firmware for our variants.

Welcome to the 1520 club. Glad you are settling in. Did you get the Indian alpha of Cortana or are you using an out of region beta?

Is there a alpha for cortana in india??? I have no clue about that. I'm using out of region cortana but having a really hard time training Hey Cortana. It detects me only one out of 10 times during training but once training is done, detection is almost perfect. Dont know what is going wrong during the training. :/

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Maybe she doesn't understand ur Indian accent? �� lol try saying it with an American cowboy accent

At first i thought that too. But i tried to press the mic icon insided cortana and spoke a few commands and it detected them perfectly. So accent is definitely not the problem. Its the Hey Cortana that is little borked i think. It took me around 50 shouts of Hey cortana to train her. lol , if my mum heard, she would have though I'm trying to summon a demon or something by chanting "Hey Cortana" again and again. :p

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Since MS's hardware and software is found in all of these carriers place of business, why is it that Apple doesn't require such restrictions on releasing updates and yet it was shown that they too are fallible in their own systems. This whole testing talk is crap. Since WP doesn't make up close to a 1/4 of revenue for any of these carriers the amt of issues that could/would occur would be so miniscule that if incurred would be almost unnoticeable. It's just another way to say go f..k yourself MS.

What MS needs to do is when announcing updates is to do so near completion of updates so that when it's announced the release is just a month away to the ENTIRE WORLD. Will never understand why say to me today you love me and then show me almost a year later, are you saying I'm to endure the hate/mistreatment until.....!!!

Apple has only one phone. Radio firmware is all that varies. WP has many more OEMs and different device configurations to contend with before even dealing with radios. Apple should be releasing perfect updates. Can you imagine the clusterf**k they'd have if iOS was distributed to others?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a alpha for cortana in india??? I have no clue about that. I'm using out of region cortana but having a really hard time training Hey Cortana. It detects me only one out of 10 times during training but once training is done, detection is almost perfect. Dont know what is going wrong during the training. :/

Follow the charts in this link to get Cortana set up for your region or any alternate.

When, where, and on what phones is Cortana available? How to - Microsoft Community

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Apple has only one phone. Radio firmware is all that varies. WP has many more OEMs and different device configurations to contend with before even dealing with radios. Apple should be releasing perfect updates. Can you imagine the clusterf**k they'd have if iOS was distributed to others?

That is no excuses. The biggest share is Nokia Lumias. Yes radios are different and varies between countries and that's up to carriers to test. But Lumias are Lumias. Release for Lumia first, then come other minority OEMs. Make the majority users happy first.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That is no excuses. The biggest share is Nokia Lumias. Yes radios are different and varies between countries and that's up to carriers to test. But Lumias are Lumias. Release for Lumia first, then come other minority OEMs. Make the majority users happy first.

You're right, it's not an excuse. It is however, the facts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077