[L1520] Denim Update......

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
If Microsoft handles windows phone 10 like they did windows 10 technical preview for the PC as an opt in insider, MS could bypass carrier approval. Isn't that what Microsoft announced earlier in the week? And set the date for sometime late in February, insider for Windows phone 10 preview launch!!! Sickness

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I find myself wondering what the fellow at AT&T, who is responsible for testing the Denim update, does all day. ;-)

Last edited:

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Guys any update about the denim update for Lumia 920. India. As it has been 3 weeks of January and still no update

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Dude, on Navifirm, I have not seen a lot of 920's being pushed out updates yet...It's mostly been very low end devices (520, 620, 635, 535...etc) and the 930, 830...and they currently seem to be pushing out to the 1520 (rm-937).......................very slowly...no I would say slower than slow...what's slower than slow?

This morning I woke up to some more country variants of the 930 (rm-1045) and 635 being pushed out.

corby lambert

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Although if the RM-938 (1520.3) releases it first, you could use the nokia recovery tool to switch from AT&T to unbranded. The two phones have identical radios. The storage capacity and QI wireless charging are the only differences.

Would this really work? I don't see how as the ATT version is rm-940... Didn't think you could flak across rm's, unless you were referring to the other ATT users with 1520.3

corby lambert

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
What is the point of having pfd if they dont push out denim to those devices as soon as it is available?

Because pfd is for OS only, denim is firmware. It's looking like we might be able to get Windows 10 for phone via phone insider app(which is OS) potentially before ATT releases denim. Phone insider is to Windows 10 for phones that pfd was for windows phone 8.1&8.1.1

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
It's really frustrating to wait for the update especially we were told that update would be out in first week of January and now its the last week of January and still no update.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's really frustrating to wait for the update especially we were told that update would be out in first week of January and now its the last week of January and still no update.

Is that what was said, or what you think was said. Firmware rollouts are staggered across devices/regions/carriers over the space of a few months. Someone saying that a rollout would begin at the start of the month doesn't mean that everyone would get it at that time.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

So you're saying no one's got the update yet? Nowhere in the world has there been a release of Denim? Have you checked with your carrier?

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
So you're saying no one's got the update yet? Nowhere in the world has there been a release of Denim? Have you checked with your carrier?

In India we have country variants where I. Which updates are not released by the carriers. Its is released by the Microsoft itself. It was promised or rather mentioned on windows central that update would be released by first week of Jan. I know many other countries have received denim update but there is no update for Lumia 920 for other countries as well.

Vivek Vyas

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I am using top notch mobile of Lumia family 1520 but I am now getting frustrated about denim update.... Checking my phone daily if it catches any update but ..... Can anyone know it is coming to India or not...i am thinking to move back to android as Microsoft is making their customers wait way too long. I surprised some time if they can not make it update available globally then what is the point of announcing....😔

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am using top notch mobile of Lumia family 1520 but I am now getting frustrated about denim update.... Checking my phone daily if it catches any update but ..... Can anyone know it is coming to India or not...i am thinking to move back to android as Microsoft is making their customers wait way too long. I surprised some time if they can not make it update available globally then what is the point of announcing....��

There have been no notices that Microsoft is cancelling Denim for any device. That would be a carrier move, which you have said does not affect you.

Whether or not you have a carrier - any update must be tested to ensure it doesn't break functionality. Every country has their own cellular standards that must be proven to have been met.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
In India we have country variants where I. Which updates are not released by the carriers. Its is released by the Microsoft itself. It was promised or rather mentioned on windows central that update would be released by first week of Jan. I know many other countries have received denim update but there is no update for Lumia 920 for other countries as well.

See RumoredNow's post (#118). I've been saying the same thing so much I look like a Smurf by now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos