[L1520] Denim Update......

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Seriously guys they are testing my patience for the update for denim. Its been ages and was promised way back in first week of Jan. See now its second week of Feb and still no update. Now really tired and frustrated about the windows update. Thinking if switching back to android for Moto g2. At least we will timely updates and all the apps that are missing from the windows store.

Not sure where you got the idea that it was promised to be delivered in the first week of Jan. Updates for Windows Phones have always been phased over the course of a few months. I described the reasons for this several posts back.

You can't be guaranteed timely updates with Android unless you have the latest devices or you're comfortable in rooting and flashing. There's a huge amount of devices that won't be updated at all.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Seriously guys they are testing my patience for the update for denim. Its been ages and was promised way back in first week of Jan. See now its second week of Feb and still no update. Now really tired and frustrated about the windows update. Thinking if switching back to android for Moto g2. At least we will timely updates and all the apps that are missing from the windows store.

If you are going 'droid... Nexus is the answer. NOTHING on Android will get so much OTA support. Moto has a two year update commitment because Google owns them. Oh wait, Lenovo owns them now... (??? what will happen ???)

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
thanks guys, for the advice, i then unchecked develop preview and checked again, still no update. then i went into about phone or the setting that shows the firmware and i was surprised to see it showed denim, now i haven't installed it so thought it must be that infos + extras bug, but to double check i checked my video settings and no 4k option, so denim isn't installed, but perhaps the phone thinks it is? any way to get rid of that buggy false firmware page, and make it say cyan?

If you checked, it shows Cyan, unchecked, shows Denim

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
thanks, i made a big assumption.....i bought it brand new from amazon uk, and it turns out that it has the hong kong firmware / rom on it - i assumed it was UK CV - and upon checking availability for hong kong, denim hasn't yet been released, so no wonder i cant get it, so will just wait for OTA - thanks.

Same as me from Kogan (in Australia) but I may end up flashing the UK CV ROM onto it next week when im bored. my L925 seems to be going well with Denim. Cant wait to get it onto my 1520.

YeahRrright

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
So if Denim should be released in Q1, then Microsoft could just have said "You'll get in on 31 of March", cause apparently I won't get it sooner with my 1520 Hong-Cong CV, that I got from Ebay...

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm from Hong Kong and I have a 1520 HK CV. Sad thing is Microsoft decides to roll out Lumia Denim to 925 and 1020 before 1520.... why having a flagship then? Who make such decision for the rollout schedule?

Vivek Vyas

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
How funny it is ! Half of world not even got the most wanted denim update and we have started taking about windows 10 for mobile....ha...ha...ha..you are great Microsoft.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
How funny it is ! Half of world not even got the most wanted denim update and we have started taking about windows 10 for mobile....ha...ha...ha..you are great Microsoft.

Exactly my point !!! How can they talk about win 10 without releasing denim update for most of Lumia phones. And also there is no communication from Microsoft about the denim update.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly my point !!! How can they talk about win 10 without releasing denim update for most of Lumia phones. And also there is no communication from Microsoft about the denim update.

Q1 2015 means the first three months. We're half way through month number 2. Releases are made when testing is finished and signed off, not even Microsoft knows when that will be yet.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

My recollection is that was promised in the first quarter of 2015. Getting annoyed or angry about the non release of denim is a waste of energy and pretty much pointless as it will come when it comes. Don't get me wrong I'm not a very patient person. But as I get older I'm mellowing a little bit.

jlx2013

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm really tired waiting for Denim in my 1520 with Hong Kong ROM. I thought it would be one of the first to have it, and looking now, all Europe 1520's have Denim and even in HK, all the other low-end and high-end Lumias has it, but 1520? Nooooo.. Still waiting till Windows 15

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
ahh the cost of cheaper technology.

just flash it with a CV UK ROM and it will be as if you have a local phone. no waiting! well, not as long.

its probably due to the English/Asian languages working together. who knows. im sure it wont be long now..........

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
ahh the cost of cheaper technology.

just flash it with a CV UK ROM and it will be as if you have a local phone. no waiting! well, not as long.

its probably due to the English/Asian languages working together. who knows. im sure it wont be long now..........

Taiwan CV has received Lumia Denim, they do use Chinese and English too. Really don't understand the reason behind...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon