[L1520] Denim Update......

Benny1434

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is outright lying about the availability so someone can meet their KPI of rolling out Denim by the end of the month.

The only people that said anything about rolling out Denim by the end of the month was MS India talking about the Indian market.

Infamy79

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Hong Kong showing Denim for the 1520. But i'm unable to download it yet, with and without PFD
Yeah same with me, I have a HK variant 1520 in Australia and I was really happy to see Denim listed on the availability page, but no luck yet.
Have tried with DP on and off but both are the same.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
exactly same here, in UK, guess the rollout to all HK devices, really is gradual!

Yeah same with me, I have a HK variant 1520 in Australia and I was really happy to see Denim listed on the availability page, but no luck yet.
Have tried with DP on and off but both are the same.

Antonio 69

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ive got the same problem over here. Any ideas? Should we all downgrade it or what? im getting frustrated cause of this dealys and not knowing what should we or what should we not do :p

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is outright lying about the availability so someone can meet their KPI of rolling out Denim by the end of the month. No way the availability page should show it is available for Hong Kong CV yet a manual update check does not find any update. Microsoft should be ashamed of their handling of updates, in addition to their lack of new high end phones. They are screwing their customer base when they should be treating them as well as possible because word of mouth seems to be the only way Windows Phone is selling. Shame on you Microsoft, you suck. So disappointed.

Pack of liars. Were we promised also to get a new build every month for Windows 10?

aliencatos

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
still no denin, I hope that windows 10 will fix the fact that we have to wait that long for a update... when a patch go live, it should go live for avceryone at the same time...

Sandra Milo

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi harishm92, did you get this fixed? I thought Hey Cortana wasn't working after I updated to Denim too. But, it wasn't turned on. Swipe down and go to all settings, then scroll to the very bottom of the system applications and Hey Cortana is last on the list. It was turned off by default. At least on my 1520. Good luck.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
still no denin, I hope that windows 10 will fix the fact that we have to wait that long for a update... when a patch go live, it should go live for avceryone at the same time...

Windows 10 will help a lot for updating core apps. App updates will be delivered through the app store and won't require carrier approval. For example, what Microsoft did with Xbox Music. They separated it out from the core OS and can now freely update it whenever they want. The same is going to happen to many other core apps and services.

Unfortunately, Windows 10 will do little to help with firmware updates. Those still have to go through carrier testing. Microsoft has too many Lumias on too many carriers, each needing their own testing process. And even if carriers are working hard to push out a firmware, they still have to work on a schedule that includes WP, a multitude of Android OEMs and of course the iPhone. That's a lot for any carrier to juggle. If Microsoft waited until all their phones were ready for a firmware update, we'd be waiting much longer.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
One question guys, is it possible to install Indian firmware on Lumia 920 bought from Thailand?? Please advise

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
although this is the 1520 forum, yes you can install almost any firmware on the same device - as long as the product numbers are the same

rtojohnny08

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
AT&T 1520 - Is anyone else having an issue where the screen sometimes won't go to sleep? I can click the power button and the screen goes dark but a few seconds later it comes back on but just at less brightness. If I click the power button again it will go back to the full brightness setting I have it at. If I click again it will go dark and then a few seconds will go to the low setting again. If I leave it alone long enough it will go dark and stay that way until I wake it by clicking the power button again. Before denim I was able to click the power button and make the screen sleep or go dark and it stayed that way....anyone else with this issue?

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
When will denim update will release for Lumia 920 Thailand. As most of other countries has received denim update for 920.

SLIMv3n0m

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a factory unlocked AT&T 1520 and it still has not received the denim update. Is there anyway I can force it? I am not in the US, does that matter?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise