Is the 1520 going away?

Garp

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I just checked the Microsoft Online Store and the listing for the AT&T 1520 is gone.

It's possible they are just out of stock, but normally the listing would stay in place with a notice they were out of stock. It is still listed at Amazon and AT&T, but I sense it may not be around much longer..... :unhappy:

Garp

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
No, not yet. I have an old 920 that is due for replacement and I've been checking to see if maybe there would be a price drop.

I guess I'll wait and see what the announcement on the 21st brings, and then maybe pick one up from Amazon.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I don't understand why Windows Central seems to be completely ignoring this.

To me, it's big news that there are no Snapdragon 8xx Lumias available in the US. Only the M8, which I know I wouldn't want. Microsoft is really sleeping their way towards this platform dying. Don't worry, I'm sure they will have another 3 low end devices to announce next week... while all of their staunchest fans leave the platform because there is no flagship to buy.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
There's no doubt there is some remaining stock out there. But it's also clear that what's left is what's left. Discontinued.

jstylela

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Apparently... Some guy messaged Microsoft Media Relations about the Icon disappearing from Verizon and he was told that the device wasn't being discontinued that it was just sold out. This could be the case for At&t as well... However itd be nice if they actually responded with quality answers on twitter through @ AttCares even regarding the Denim release for the U.S. Since Verizon has started their rollout already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs