Capacitive Search Button constantly being pressed on its own!

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
So, out of nowhere, my Lumia 1520's Search button (Which activates Cortana) is being ghost pressed and Cortana pops up. This happens every 2-5 seconds when I'm holding the phone. I've noticed that if I hold it in certain ways it doesn't happen. This is a new issue as I've had this phone for about 7 months now. It is an RM-937. Is there a way where I can completely disable the search capacitive touch so that this stops happening? I've tried resetting the phone, I've tried Lumia Recovery Tool, I've tried everything. Has this happened to everyone? This phone has become unuseable because of this, so I'm using my back up BLU Win HD until I can get this fixed. :(

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Same type of stuff is suddenly happening on my 1020..lots of phantom touch things going on suddenly. Suspecting some MS app update or something recent.. Also had a sudden battery drain and unresponsive phone last week. This all started maybe about a week ago or so. My brother with a 1020 is experiencing similar suddenly. I am expecting we are not alone..something changed. Very annoying.

markjreardon

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Same thing started happening to my 1520 about two weeks ago. Would happen maybe once a day at first but quickly reach crescendo last Tuesday (13th) when it would constantly phone cortona in the car. By Wed night tiles were rearranging themselves & self duplicating on the home screen. I ordered an 830 on Thursday morning but cm Thursday afternoon through tonight no other issues. So do I keep the 830 or return it? Am just waiting for the next mystery event!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This also happen to me too but I fixed it by using a T2 screw driver and a T5. I took apart the back housing using the T2 screw driver and tighting all the screws on the motherboard and all around the bottom with a T5 screw driver. Basically, tighten all the screws that the T5 fit. Worked for me... It's been about one and half month now.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
So, out of nowhere, my Lumia 1520's Search button (Which activates Cortana) is being ghost pressed and Cortana pops up. This happens every 2-5 seconds when I'm holding the phone. I've noticed that if I hold it in certain ways it doesn't happen. This is a new issue as I've had this phone for about 7 months now. It is an RM-937. Is there a way where I can completely disable the search capacitive touch so that this stops happening? I've tried resetting the phone, I've tried Lumia Recovery Tool, I've tried everything. Has this happened to everyone? This phone has become unuseable because of this, so I'm using my back up BLU Win HD until I can get this fixed. :(

If you are restoring from a backup after all of this, even using the recovery tool, it could be your issues.

I had this happen to me but for some reason if I did not restore from backup the problem was not there, installed all my apps again and used for a week without the issue, wiped and restored from backup and problem came back right away. You can delete just the app backup and keep the text backup, that's what I did. Try it, even if its just for one day.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had it happen from time to time as well, but typically when I am actually tapping the phone in close proximity to the search button. This is one of the reasons, and I know I am in the minority here, I still like physical buttons for some things on a phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte