Call quality on 1520

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys (and gals),

I'm just wondering how everyone finds the call quality on the 1520? Mine seems to sound a bit like the speaker has blown when I'm on Skype (and sometimes with local calls). I'm wondering if this is: (a) because I'm Skyping my family in Australia over Wi-Fi; and (b) if maybe I'm just in bad reception. I'm also with Three UK, which I don't think the service is as good over here as it was in Australia.

Look forward to hearing your feedback and comments. Thanks in advance.

Stu 😊

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have att version and the sound quality couldn't be better. I'm actually impressed how clear it is.

I don't know what could be causing those issues for you.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOL Skype definitely has issues with less than optimal bandwidth. I used to speak to many overseas persons calling via Skype when I worked at a call center for a major bank...

That said: I used Skype quite a bit on my 1520.3 last October when traveling myself. Most times it was 5x5. Some small glitchiness at times. The hotels we stayed at usually had good WiFi (except the Lloyd in Rome).

Actual call quality has been great on my 1520.3 and I've had it on two carriers now; T-MoUS and Straight Talk with an AT&T style SIM.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys (and gals),

I'm just wondering how everyone finds the call quality on the 1520? Mine seems to sound a bit like the speaker has blown when I'm on Skype (and sometimes with local calls). I'm wondering if this is: (a) because I'm Skyping my family in Australia over Wi-Fi; and (b) if maybe I'm just in bad reception. I'm also with Three UK, which I don't think the service is as good over here as it was in Australia.

Look forward to hearing your feedback and comments. Thanks in advance.

Stu ��

Actually, I do this frequently - calling from the UK to Australia and I am also on 3/UK. I use both the mobile data connection (when wifi is not available) and wifi (which is most of the time). Yes, indeed the call quality is quite poor sometimes with using 3/UK and I have no idea why. That said, this does not reflect on the call quality of the 1520 because when I am on the phone on a mobile to mobile call or a mobile to landline call, the 1520's call quality is excellent. So, I am thinking that this must be a function of the connectivity driving the Skype call.

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
LOL Skype definitely has issues with less than optimal bandwidth. I used to speak to many overseas persons calling via Skype when I worked at a call center for a major bank...

That said: I used Skype quite a bit on my 1520.3 last October when traveling myself. Most times it was 5x5. Some small glitchiness at times.
Thanks for your reply. I'm starting to think that it may just be a Skype issue as I had a crystal clear call yesterday. What does 5x5 mean? Thanks again 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720