Notice the phone Joe B used to demo W10?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
because he came to the conclusion that it was an international RM938 version with Qi charging, because he saw the 3 metal dots on the back of the phone, well my phone has the 3 dots and it isn't a 938 version nor does it have the Qi charging... which is what I was saying brutha

The 1520 in the photo on Daniel Rubino's most recent article doesn't seem to have the metal dots on the back, which leads me to believe it's the RM-938.

I think you might have misread.

I have a tendency to skim rather than reading carefully, so I can sympathize. No worries.

Jean Sagarese

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I am hearing not all of the phones will get the update which is fine with me I want the operating system for the lap top it is already on while I decide which phone to move to

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Are people really this needy and desperate for validation? Some seem to be responding as if their child just won some honor and got their picture in a newspaper. I am sorry but they obviously needed a big phone and it is the only option at the moment. The only meaningful thing that has been said about existing Lumia models is that they should all be upgradeable. I expect once they vacated the stage it got tossed in a box until the next press event that requires a big device....

oussama ait

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Obviously he used the Lumia 1520 because it's the most powerful windows phone device nobody wants an embarrassing lag when doing a presentation plus the two main flagships note are 930 and 1520

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Are people really this needy and desperate for validation? Some seem to be responding as if their child just won some honor and got their picture in a newspaper. I am sorry but they obviously needed a big phone and it is the only option at the moment. The only meaningful thing that has been said about existing Lumia models is that they should all be upgradeable. I expect once they vacated the stage it got tossed in a box until the next press event that requires a big device....

Why should they need a big phone as what was happening on the phone was directly projected to the big screen? And for the big phone thing, 1520 is not the only option. There is a phone named 1320 which happens to have just as big screen. They chose 1520 as it is currently the most high-end flagship. Your argument is completely invalid.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
sorry but my AT&T has the 3 dots in the back and it does NOT have the Qi charging... also my phone is the RM-940 1520.2 version... so I don't know why your coming to this conclusion...

Exactly. The AT&T version has the three dots to enable the Qi case to fit over the at&t PMI back cover. You've just completely confirmed his conclusion that the one on stage was the rm-938, and not the rm-940 (at&t varient)

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. The AT&T version has the three dots to enable the Qi case to fit over the at&t PMI back cover. You've just completely confirmed his conclusion that the one on stage was the rm-938, and not the rm-940 (at&t varient)

What ???

Confusion reigns ... the AT&T version RM-940 uses an extra (add on) PMA back cover to charge on a PMA charging pad (it won't work on a QI charging pad unless you utilize one of those QI add ons which plug into your micro USB).
The International version RM-938 has QI wireless charging built in to the phone & works with a QI charging pad (& conversely will NOT work with a PMA charging pad).

Recent developments have spawned QI / PMA charging pads being readied for sale - YES, they'll work with both protocols for wireless charging. There is a third protocol which slips my mind.

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 1520 has my favourite spec combination of all the currently available Winpho handsets, so this pleased me. I just put a whole bunch of music on my mum's 1520 today and I swear, every time I go back to my Lumia 920 I'm a little bit sad!

The whole deal with AT&T really screwed the device over, though. The international version is everything you guys should have gotten.

trobs29

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Frustrating because the 1520 featured at the event today was the RM-938, which I would now buy in a heart beat if it were sold in the US. I had some worries about it being too big before, but the adjustable keyboard puts those worries to rest.

MrRichardF, it is sold in the US. Got mine from B&H. :smile:

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Him using a 1520 made me super happy. I'm much more relaxed about MS releasing a new flagship. I'm still waiting on Denim, though.

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the time it's taken for high end devices to receive Denim frustrates and worries me. Yes, I understand their core consumer base is on the low end, but treating high end smart phone buyers like second class citizens is not a good way to endear yourself to big spenders.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone notice the one point where it appeared his 1520 suffered from the swipe tap issue? I cant remember what he was showing, maybe email client or something, but he was swiping and it appeared to select an item he didn't want, and he was like, "Whoa! I don't know how what happened. Let me go back." Possibly played it off as the OS being an early build. But yeah, we all know it was the swipe tap issue. He knows it. We know it.

My 1520.3 does it many times per day. Prob 20-50 times. It is annoying, but tolerable for how awesome the phone is. However, if I try to scoll through the photo app, it happens 1 out of every 3 touches. Ackowledge the issue Microsoft and send everyone with the issue a new phone.

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
i think they skipped the flagship because they used to release a new phone right before the new SnapDragons were revealed... every time... so they skipped one year in order to release a new flagship that won't be outdated in 2 months...

so, my guess is, they are preparing a SD810 devices (1530 and 1030) and release it around some time after May.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720