How do I stop strange phantom touches for the search and back buttons 1520?

Amr Monzir

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Strange phantom touches for the search and back buttons 1520

Here's a weird one:-
My 1520 acts so weird and, honestly, irritating as well.
It sometimes touches on its own the search button which in turn brings up Cortana again and again tens of times and sometimes the back button gets clicked without being touched which in turn brings up the open apps list or whatever it's called.
It happens so often and when it does, it causes me to seriously consider hitting the phone, although I've waited almost 6 months for it to come :p
Please help!

Amr Monzir

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Strange phantom touches for the search and back buttons 1520

Looks like it is that problem, although it does lie flat on a leveled surface... It happens very rarely now and I don't know what the hell I did to make it so! Thanks anyway!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You could try some gentle and gradual pressure on the bottom of the screen to try and tighten a loose connector. Not too much pressure...

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Or you can just wait untill you are irritated with it enough that you sell it and get a more sturdy 930 ;)

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It is a hardware issue. There is no permanent fix for it! Return it if possible or repaired (warranty).
Don't listen to these "twist here and press there advise". It is a faulty unit!

Chirag Tailor

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Happened with me,screen was going crazy. Got it replaced within the warranty. No problem till now.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Tightening the screws inside fixes this. I can confirm this 100%. I dropped my phone and instantly started to experience this behaviour. I opened the phone, tightened the screws and the problem was 100% gone.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Tightening the screws inside fixes this. I can confirm this 100%. I dropped my phone and instantly started to experience this behaviour. I opened the phone, tightened the screws and the problem was 100% gone.

Yes this works. I have done so too. But it works until the next time you drop your phone. Then you have repeat tightening the screws. I wonder if replacing the motherboard will help? At the risk of loosing non app data ( pics, vids, music, files etc).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism