Should I install windows 10 before i get Denim?

dwane18

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
What I want to know is if I should install windows 10 before I get Lumia Denim for my AT&T Lumia 1520. or will I still be able to get Denim after I install windows 10 preview. I know I may not, but still I wanna know.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter. Like PfD, the Technical Preview for Windows 10 won't care what firmware you're on. Of course, some features may or may not work, depending on firmware or hardware (or it being a TP).

dwane18

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I know I can install the preview for windows 10 on whatever firmware I have. I'm just wondering if I can get denim after I install windows 10 preview

dwane18

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
hey spaceyO what's up man, we're friends on twitter. I really hope I can cause I want the new lumia camera and 4K video

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What I want to know is if I should install windows 10 before I get Lumia Denim for my AT&T Lumia 1520...

No.

And here is why... You are putting things out of chronological order and not connecting all the relevant bits.

Windows 10 can not be installed today. Before you can even use Insider, Denim will most likely be pushed to your phone. I would also expect that anyone getting on the Insider program would have to disable P4D. Think about it. Would it not bork things to have 8.1.1 updates and 10 updates trying to apply to the same device?

When Denim hits... Take the OTA and disable P4D. Better yet, take a backup and use the LSRT to flash the 8.1.1 + Lumia Denim. Use the last Official (clean install preferable) as a stable platform from which to venture out into the Insider program.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling that the 1520 will see Denim drop here on AT&T before they release Windows 10, which is still approximately 2 weeks away.

Somehow a friend of mine got Denim on his 1520 here in the US & actually has had it for a few weeks. Not sure which variant of 1520 he has though.

Saw it with my own eyes when we met up at our local Microsoft Store here in St. Louis for the Windows 10 event this past Wednesday.

Either way, I think I am going to wait until I have the Denim firmware and then do a full factory reset before installing any Windows 10 image on mine.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
All I want is Hey Cortana... If Windows 10 TP will have it then I'm in. If not, I'll wait for Denim.

It's a phone-specific feature, enabled for the Lumia 1520 and 930 with Lumia Denim firmware.
I would expect 10 to work with it, but only with Denim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos