Guys! Is this normal? Help me please.

bayramcibik

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I just bought this phone and it is amazing but I had great expectations about its battery life and here I ask again: Is this 19-20 hours of battery life normal? not particularly heavy usage by the way
wp_ss_20150126_0001.jpg

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What is your phone?

Usually my Lumia 920 (which is 1,5y old) lasts about 18-20h with moderate use, but on heavy only 4h. If its mostly on standby, with calls, music and a bit of an internet it can last about 1d and 10+h.

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I just bought this phone and it is amazing but I had great expectations about its battery life and here I ask again: Is this 19-20 hours of battery life normal? not particularly heavy usage by the way
View attachment 94801

This is very normal, actually. I have some days where the phone will even tell me I have a day and a half remaining. The battery life on the 1520 phenomenal, really. Especially the standby time.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is mine, with about the same level of drain/time since last charge.

wp_ss_20150126_0001.jpg

The battery life counter seems to learn actual time remaining based on prior usage. I can get a weekend out of mine on one charge and moderate use.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As I said, the battery saver learns over time and won't get it dead right straight away. Use the phone normally for a week or two and see how the "time remaining" counter changes.

Also, try keeping your phone off the charger for the next 14 hours and see how far it'll really go, you might be surprised.

There's nothing to indicate there's a fault with your phone at this point.

bayramcibik

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
This is mine, with about the same level of drain/time since last charge.

View attachment 94807

The battery life counter seems to learn actual time remaining based on prior usage. I can get a weekend out of mine on one charge and moderate use.

I always dreamed it have a longer battery life..kind of a disappoinment for me..other than that it is a great device

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try running it through 3 full charge-discharge cycles, it will help calibration.

I don't see the need for that. Just use the device as you want to use it, I've never messed around with battery conditioning steps or recharge cycles.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Whenever you get a new device, you use it more than you realize.

I've always gotten longer battery life out of every phone I've owned after the honeymoon/setup phase ends. It's natural that you fiddle with it more, download more, just plain play with it more as you get everything how you like it settings and App wise.

Yep... Just wait. You'll settle back into a more normal routine and get 2-3 days of light/moderate use.

I took my 1520 on a one month trip to Italy and used it like a boss every day for 32 days straight. Navigation, web searches, text, Skype, averaging over 100 photos a day with previewing and editing , sometimes video, Bing Translator, time waster games, etc. etc., etc. There were only 2 days out of 32 that I had to resort to my battery recharge stick.

You're gonna love it.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
7b2f035e28a2a31b28fa75873f6e8f4c.png
Just agreeing with what is being said by others: Give it a week or so and you won't be disappointed.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
View attachment 94801

Imon the developer preview and in my experience my phone with mostly internet use on Wi-Fi goes from 100% to about 92% fairly quickly and then the battery discharge rate slows down to a much slower rate. You need to check and see what background programs are allowed and are actually using up the juice. If you are not actually using those programs you might disallow the background use and see if it improves. How many apps are installed on your device? That may make a difference as well

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Very normal for a WP IMHO.
My Lumia 1020 has a different "time left" in the battery saver and even the insider app.
Overtime more than the battery learning from my phone usage I have learnt to undertand how much time left based on my usage and % remaining.

On my days off from work my phone lasts me 45 hours at least with minimal or moderate usage. When I charge 100% the phone shows 1 day and 1 hour from the 100% as just before I charged it there was heavy usage involved. Regardless my phone will see me thru with no charging needed. After my weekend I notice that my fully charged phone shows 1 day and 12 hours. strange? Not really. IT is all mentioned above.

If it helps use the insider app and check how much percentage drain was there during one use. say you were to use facebook, instagram and messenger for sometime. In the insider app you will the discharge rate. Likewise for games and other things you use at certain stages. The app also shows you avg use for a day and a week. Based on that you should be able to tell overtime what you will or can expect out of your phone.

Have a good one.

Cheers

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You most likely won't get those numbers OP. Sometimes the algorithm screws up the numbers. I've seen it more than once on my devices and posted the image here when it happened. Told me I had 2 days of battery left in the morning but by 5, it was at its normal 35 percent remaining.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Biggest issue is :

What is heavy / lite usage? (so subjective, someone's heavy, could be other's normal, etc.)
How to quantify it?

FWIW : you might see Internet Explorer as a heavy battery user ...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss