Lumia denim for 1520

Quethrosar

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
You may not be the Microsoft site but you are the only site that matters for windows phone news.
Use your powers and tell us when we are getting it.

denispage

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I've just updated my country variant 1520 to Denim, downloaded the Lumia camera 5.0, and there is no rich capture option, neither 4k video support.
I'm using 8.1 dev preview. Do I need to get back to a non dev preview OS?

nomanquadri

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've just updated my country variant 1520 to Denim, downloaded the Lumia camera 5.0, and there is no rich capture option, neither 4k video support.
I'm using 8.1 dev preview. Do I need to get back to a non dev preview OS?

Are you sure you have denim? Try checking if there is an update to the app in the store.
And no, you don't have to downgrade.

Just in case you don't know, Rich Capture is enabled by the magic wand like icon besides the flash settings icon in LC5.

cyberfighter

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I actually have the 1520 Italy country variant (RM-938) and my "extras and info" setting has said that I have had denim since last week. But when I check my actual firmware version in the "about" setting, it shows the cyan firmware number (02061.00066.14253.40002) instead of denim (02540.00019.14484.37003). None of the new camera features work on my phone so I know its still running cyan.

I did see on Microsoft's denim availability page that the Italian country variant just got denim so maybe soon.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually have the 1520 Italy country variant (RM-938)...

...I did see on Microsoft's denim availability page that the Italian country variant just got denim so maybe soon.

RM-938 is for LaTin America, but because the use they abbreviation in all lower case lta instead of upper case LTA, some users read the small L (l) as a big i (I) and think itaLY.

RM-937 is the country variant in Italy. The LTE radio on RM-937 fits right in with the Band 3 and Band 7 LTE in use there...
List of LTE networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nokia Lumia 1520 - Full phone specifications

I am sorry to say RM-938_lta_lta_905 owners are still waiting for a Denim rollout.

cyberfighter

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
RM-938 is for LaTin America, but because the use they abbreviation in all lower case lta instead of upper case LTA, some users read the small L (l) as a big i (I) and think itaLY.

RM-937 is the country variant in Italy. The LTE radio on RM-937 fits right in with the Band 3 and Band 7 LTE in use there...
[removed link]
[removed link]

I am sorry to say RM-938_lta_lta_905 owners are still waiting for a Denim rollout.

Oh ok. That's funny, this entire time I have been looking at the availability for Italy haha. Thanks for clearing that up.

Today extras & info updated and my phone still claims to be running denim...which it still isn't. Weird.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok. That's funny, this entire time I have been looking at the availability for Italy haha. Thanks for clearing that up.

Today extras & info updated and my phone still claims to be running denim...which it still isn't. Weird.

it will say your on denim because once your OS hits a certain version number, it triggers it to say denim (most devices are getting denim only in name, which means when they get the denim update, they litterally just get what we'd get on PFD) you were on the PFD, which means you have the 8.1.1 version number which ticks the box that says denim on your phone.

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is now a bit of a joke. There is no reason they could not just roll out denim to the carrier independent cv versions. Or at least they could communicate with their customers to tell them an actual date. Its a lack of respect which will backfire when it comes to people choosing their next flagship purchase.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
So much dramatics
I have updated both the 1520 and 720 in my house... as "promised in Jan-2015"... My 920 is still on "Cyan" But its no big deal, I have PfD and all the Denim goodies...!! Chill out will ya!!

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Seems strange that someone who is reading a thread about denim on the 1520 is tired of hearing discussions relating to denim on the lumia 1520.

You can always GO AWAY if you dont want to read anymore.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
It's not strange. I waited my turn for Denim, just as impatiently as many others.. But I didn't go about making a fuss. I do empathise though. Happy waiting.

ferrynotfairy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you ask for this but this is from the MS site

Malaysia
Product Lumia 1520
DescriptionCountry variant
Release DENIM
OS version8.10.14226.359
Firmware version02540.00019.14522.26012

I flashed this to my L1520 CV Philippines. Satisfied so far except for the not-so-smooth-and-fluid UI experience in the camera as well as the unresponsive zooming in-out of pictures & webpages. I hope MS releases a fix for these bugs. #justsaying

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You know that firmwares are tested on your device type before being released, right? This is the reason why you don't have them immediately...

So the Philippino ROM you found might work well on a Philippino handset but not on yours.

ferrynotfairy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
You know that firmwares are tested on your device type before being released, right? This is the reason why you don't have them immediately...

So the Philippino ROM you found might work well on a Philippino handset but not on yours.

I understand that. I definitely have plans of flashing the correct firmware version once available. Let's see what happens then.

I bet the lcd used on my phone is the same lcd thay they used for handsets in Malaysia. I wonder how it would affect the firmware & functionality.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I understand that. I definitely have plans of flashing the correct firmware version once available. Let's see what happens then.

I bet the lcd used on my phone is the same lcd thay they used for handsets in Malaysia. I wonder how it would affect the firmware & functionality.

What parts are used is not always what's relevant, its how they are setup, you can have the same parts configured a different way to get different results (and for the record, most CV's actually do have very slight part variations, where usually one firmware would fit all.. but..) by flashing a different rom to your phone, your removing any firmware specific tweaks your phone may have had, this could introduce many many different problems, and as for the lag and not being a different display, You'll never know.

Also keep this in mind, even if you flash your original CV firmware back, theres a chance you wont get the exact feel you originally had, its not uncommon for phones(or any high profile electronic) to have small hardware changes between them, most companies will eventually make slightly modified chipsets to either fix known issues, or to slightly cheapen the cost the production, to even patching hardware security holes, those would usually contain a slightly tweaked firmware for the updates. To TL;DR this, flashing is an incredibly stupid thing to do in most cases, unless you manage to dump your original firmware before flashing, theres a good chance you will never get your exact firmware back, which could bite you long term. I don't know about how often Microsoft has made hardware revisions on the phones (well.. i guess its Nokia in this case) but, beware, you may never get the fluidity back. please people, really weigh the cons of doing something this risky. If you have a phone like the t-mobile 925, then id say it could be worth it, but if your phone WILL get the update, is it really worth permanently messing up your phone over?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss