Denim on L1520 causes touchscreen issues?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I cracked my screen last year and finally got it "fixed" a couple of weeks ago... When I got it back, it worked for a day or 2 and started having issues where it wouldn't register touches, after a hard reset, it cleared up for a while and stated doing it again... Since then, it has been returned to the repair shop 2 more times, always resulting in the same issue of it not registering touches on the screen...
I've even tried disabling glance and vibrate when posting the keys, turned sensitivity to normal, and even set up kids corner to no avail... I guess I'll take it back again. I'm still not 100% convinced it's a hardware or software issue. There repair shop is claiming it is an OEM screen.

Chad Estes

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I updated to denim night before last, and ever since I have also been experiencing problems with phantom touches. Though I wonder if it is software related or hardware.

I can lay my phone on a flat surface and use it with out any issues. When I pick it up is when I start to have issues. The top left corner of the screen starts to behave like the back arrow complete with haptic feedback. After awhile the screen will go unresponsive and only the capacitive buttons work. Can anyone else confirm the same?

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Had phantom touch issues with my "new" refurb L1520. Sent in for repair, when returned: No issues. Denim installed, so far no issues*knock*knock*.

Chad Estes

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Did some.more testing. Seem if I apply so.e pressure on the left side, just under the sim tray, the problem appears. I've been trying to hold my phone different for the last hour and haven't had any issues. If this is the case I can live with it until a win10 phone upgrade.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
On wow! Glad I ran into this thread. I gave up on my 1520 back in November because it just goes crazy even after countless hard resets and reinstalling software through that Nokia PC program (the name escapes me). I was itching for a new upgrade so I went back to Android till Windows Phone 10 comes out with new hardware or wait and see if it fixes my 1520. I'm going to try the mentioned fix about Kids, and see if that works. And if it does, I'm ditching this LG G3, camera on this is terrible. Android camera sucks big time, even after trying the supposed best cameras on S5 and G3.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Well the kids corner thingy didn't work. It was already off. I was trying to see if I could go back to Cyan, but that was a lot work, which I need to save for another Saturday. My 1520 still dead in the water.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes