Denim on L1520 causes touchscreen issues?

parksy78

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I finally cracked today and installed the Finland rom on my GBIE CV. Didn't want to do it but fed up of waiting, but I've noticed some serious touchscreen issues from first boot. Either the touchscreen is totally unresponsive or its going crazy with phantom touches. I've hard reset it about 4 times now.

Would the Finland white rom cause these issues? I was experiencing the ghost touches anyway. Camera opening randomly or back button pressing but nothing too serious. But this is driving me crazy and its only been about 10 hours! Anyone else experience the same?

Vitor Ferreira

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I had a problem with my touchscreen last week. It become unresponsive and I had to soft reset every time my l920.

The solution was the age of empire castle siege app. For some reason it corrupted my phone. Uninstall and my phone become normal again.

Is there any new app on your phone? Did you hard reset without any backup?

Good luck!

parksy78

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
No damage at all on my phone. It went from fine.( cyan gb rom) to crazy touchscreen ( Finland denim). First few hours was without a backup installed. And know its running with my latest backup. Same issues. So no new apps installed.

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
No issue with my 1520 under denim with white Fin. firmware. I had a lot of issue of this kind some weeks before I upgraded from Cyan to Denim. But now the phone is incredibly smooth.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 is always crazy when I wake it up... I have learned to wait about 10-15 seconds before attempting to enter my pass code... Or I will be waiting a minute for security breach attempts.

Also... Slow apps on the phone is or maybe related to apps being installed on the sd card. Do you all ever get the sd card errors?

I like the 1520 ands its size, but I am considering moving to the m8. My 920 does not do this more does my 635.

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Same problem with my 1520 now... once in a while screen becomes unresponsive. All physical buttons are working fine. Then it disappears somehow by itself.

parksy78

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I seem ro have jumped the gun. Since my last post the touchscreen has been unresponsive about 4,times. When the GBIE comes out or even the o2 version ill flash to.that.

IcyMcDreamy

Banned
Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I have similar touchscreen issues on both 1520s in my household. But they are not on Denim - it is something that has just started to happen with greater frequency.

IcyMcDreamy

Banned
Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
No screen protector here. Just hardware going bad. One was completely unusable and I had to argue forever with Nokia support to get it accepted at the repair center since it is an INTL version imported to the US. The "fixed" phone came back and it still had phantom swipe/tap issues that are increasing.

Lumiana

Banned
Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I had phantom taps on my 1520 but since I got denim yesterday I had none so it should fix it. Also it helps to clean your phone once a day with a baby wipe and then dry with a kitchen paper towel. Makes all the difference.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No tap issues here either. I don't usde any screen protector and don't really bother with keeping my screen clean (gets wiped on my sleeve every now and then and that's as far as my cleaning regime goes).

mb0000

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 is always crazy when I wake it up... I have learned to wait about 10-15 seconds before attempting to enter my pass code... Or I will be waiting a minute for security breach attempts.

Also... Slow apps on the phone is or maybe related to apps being installed on the sd card. Do you all ever get the sd card errors?

I like the 1520 ands its size, but I am considering moving to the m8. My 920 does not do this more does my 635.
What's worse is that if you have your phone connected to a strict exchange server is that you're phone and SD card completely wipes itself!!!!

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
What's worse is that if you have your phone connected to a strict exchange server is that you're phone and SD card completely wipes itself!!!!

yeah... and mine is. I have control over at my company and at times want to disable the features due to the changes it makes to my phone/computer when I set it on my persona devices... but that would be foolish... If only the phone didn't do this... I like the 1520, but I did enjoy the 920 more.

I sure miss the dedicated camera button on the 635 and on future phones... The 1520 is my day-to-day phone. The 920 is my camera.. the 635 is my nice throw away or outdoor phone... Although I do use I some days. Anywho... Somedays I just want to trade my 1520 for another... but it is the flagship... So...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I finally cracked today and installed the Finland rom on my GBIE CV. Didn't want to do it but fed up of waiting, but I've noticed some serious touchscreen issues from first boot. Either the touchscreen is totally unresponsive or its going crazy with phantom touches. I've hard reset it about 4 times now.

Would the Finland white rom cause these issues? I was experiencing the ghost touches anyway. Camera opening randomly or back button pressing but nothing too serious. But this is driving me crazy and its only been about 10 hours! Anyone else experience the same?

Sounds like issues I had, even on Cyan. Phone would just go crazy at times. I had read about screen sensitivity being weird if you hadn't setup Kids Corner. You don't have to use it, just do the initial setup. No idea how it effects screen sensitivity... Regardless, I tried it. I do not think I've had an issue since and its been a few weeks now. I was getting them multiple times a day, before I thought I damaged my screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos