Should I get Lumia 1520 despite its issues?

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been running great,but the only nag I have...is the sensitivity of screen...im always hitting the back button,cause I activated something I don't want to.....maybe I need to try different settings

Avro504

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 1520 for a year, never had any problems with the tap or swipe on screen, which makes me think that it is either some screens are faulty or certain versions of the phone only have the problem.
Couple of times I've had it freeze up, at first I thought the phone had a problem but then realized it was associated with apps updating

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had two 1520's. One black one on AT&T and my current green one on AT&T. Both have been excellent phones. The phone doesn't have any issues that I've found. All of my issues that I've run into are with the software running on it. Windows Phone has a "resuming..." bug and often apps crash or don't load, but I do not believe that is the device, but the OS and poorly written apps, since I've seen that issue on many different devices running Windows Phone.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
the only problem with the 1520, for me is it's size, but my wife loves hers, no issues that i have seen in about a year or so, if she/i was buying a 1520 now, i would get the green one (now that its available outside us exclusive) :)

Peter Wong3

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
So here is the thing, I have been searching for a new phone for a month since I am updating in 4 months, and I have been looking for a suitable handset ever since, and because my whole family use android, obviously it was my first option, however I have grown sick and bored of android's skin (iphone is no exception) and it's occasion lags, hence why I looked up for an alternative and i found windows ( In my country we know little to nothing of wp, only exception is desktops/laptops. WP caught my attention with the life tiles and cortana. I am aware of the lack of apps on the store and that made no difference to me, thus I decided to try wp as my primary phone and started to find a suitable one for me, unfortunately there were many choices since I was looking for a flagahip and the 930 was a big no for me because of the poor battery so my only other choice was the 1520. I liked everything about it,even the size since I was looking for a 5.5" : 6" phone, so i started to do a research about it but I found a lot of problems concerning the 1520 , and obvioualy no one would want to pay 500$+ and have problems every now and then and waiting till the end of thia year is not a choice for me either since the phone I am using is about to die. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced. ;-)

I have no issue with my Lumia 1520, I bought mines for $510 on ebay last year. I use the Lumia 1520.3 for T-mobile. I use my lumia 1520 in school a lot and when I come home I still have 82% left which really impress me a lot is the battery life and the speed. But the Lumia 1520 could be cheaper when microsoft release a new lumia this year with snapdragon 810 octo core.

squibcakes

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I got my 1520 for less than I picked up my earlier Lumia 820. $200 brand new believe it or not. I love everything about the phone. Its got power and an awesome battery and it will make good on W10 when it comes. I have had no issues and would highly recommend it.

Ahmed Monged

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
That soundd great, it shall be my future device then. I am considering buying a white on, but it seems a little boring. I am getting the global one too since I live outside the USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo