Finally got my lumia 1520

Mits5139

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

Finally managed to get hold of a green lumia 1520. Lovingly called her beast! ImageUploadedByWindows Central Forums1423091078.503583.jpg

Have to say Im very impressed. Coming from an iPhone 6 plus the size isn't too shocking lol.

Contrary to popular belief I don't find a significant difference in weight at all. If anything the lumia feels a little better in the hand.

The keyboard on the screen is miles better as well. I have less typos.

Amazing phone and really understated. Updated to denim and she's working buttery smooth. Looking forward to windows phone 10.

Slowly making the migration from Apple.

Lumia 1520 - check
Surface pro 3 - check
Xbox one - gotta get past the missus.
But almost a check.

Otherwise thanks for all the great threads. It really helped in making my decision easier. The hardest but was trying to source one.

Mit.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
That's great....love my 1520,no phone is perfect...they all have their quirks,but as for weight....i think the 1520 feels higher quality ,the iPhone is so light....to me it makes it feel cheaper

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

Finally managed to get hold of a green lumia 1520. Lovingly called her beast! View attachment 95642

Have to say Im very impressed. Coming from an iPhone 6 plus the size isn't too shocking lol.

Contrary to popular belief I don't find a significant difference in weight at all. If anything the lumia feels a little better in the hand.

Amazing phone and really understated. Updated to denim and she's working buttery smooth. Looking forward to windows phone 10.

Lumia 1520 - check
Surface pro 3 - check
But almost a check.

Otherwise thanks for all the great threads. It really helped in making my decision easier. The hardest but was trying to source one.

Mit.
How do you like it in comparison to 6➕ and ios

Mits5139

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I like both ios and the iphone 6 plus. The build quality is really good and the os just flies. Battery life is amazing as well. Im a bigger fan of wondows though so ive been hunting around for the 1520 for a while. I like switching between phones so ill still keep the iphone but for now windows phone is feeling all the love lol

clitrenta

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
That's great....love my 1520,no phone is perfect...they all have their quirks,but as for weight....i think the 1520 feels higher quality ,the iPhone is so light....to me it makes it feel cheaper

The first time I picked up the new iPhone I new instantly it would NOT work for me (not that I wanted it anyway). The darn thing was slippery as a banana peel. Once upon a time I had a really nice phone but it was way to thin and way to light. I just couldn't get a safe grip on that bad boy so I got rid of it as soon as possible. Pity because it was otherwise very nice. The Lumia's are far easier to hold AND nicer to look at. Oh and WP OS is vastly more entertaining than iOS. Just my opinion though.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
that green is atrocious, no offence intended.... I don't know how anyone would like that color but to each his own I guess... but congrats on the new beast!

shoaib shah

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.

Finally managed to get hold of a green lumia 1520. Lovingly called her beast! View attachment 95642

Lumia 1520 - check
Surface pro 3 - check
But almost a check.

Mit.

Congrats I envy you as I'm looking for a green Lumia 1520 for UK. I would call mine the Hulk Phone if I ever got it 😁

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
that green is atrocious, no offence intended.... I don't know how anyone would like that color but to each his own I guess... but congrats on the new beast!

None taken. I just tell those who hate on my Lime Sherbet Lumia that the green signifies the jelly they're feeling.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Fellow green owner here! Congrats!

Yeah, green isn't for everyone, but I think Nokia picked an amazing shade of it for the recent releases. As a confession, I have a green 635, 1520, and now a green 830. In short, they need to pick new colors so I stop going after them, haha.

Mits5139

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I am envious of all that green. Hoping the next flagship comes out in this. I don't think I could go back to standard black again 😊

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Likewise! I know Nokia would essentially have specific colors for the year, but I really love this green and hope they continue to use it. Give me a 1530 with a design similar to the 830 and I will be there on day one.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Fellow green owner here! Congrats!

Yeah, green isn't for everyone, but I think Nokia picked an amazing shade of it for the recent releases. As a confession, I have a green 635, 1520, and now a green 830. In short, they need to pick new colors so I stop going after them, haha.

I think the green and orange colors they introduced recently are the most attractive phone colors yet.

clitrenta

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

No way man. I love both the green and the red. Colors say a lot about you just don't ask me what green and red say. :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077