I left lumia 1520 for iphone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Ta

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I decided to get rid of my Lumia 1520 in order to return to Apple device. The very reason for my decision is that I have a feeling of that Microsoft disrespected me.

I have been a loyal fan of Nokia for many years, consequently, I made up my mind to leave my iPhone 4S for a Nokia device as Lumia 1520 early 2014. I never thought I would give up on my Lumia just after 11 month. Recently, Microsoft released the official Denim update and Finland customers are those who received it first. Then a lot of countries got the update including almost European regions, Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia, etc,... However, my device is still yet to be upgraded.

I contacted the Microsoft Lumia Vietnam to ask for an explanation, one guy made me a call and we had a talk.
- "The Denim update is available to roll out in Vietnam but we delayed the release due to low internet broadband quality and carriers", said he.
- "Oh, my dear. My device is an international one and there is also no existence of locked devices in Vietnam, thus such problems mentioned would never apply. Don't you remember budget phones like Lumia 520, 525, 720, etc... all already got updated", I replied.
- That guy stopped talking and kept silent for awhile.
- "Is there any difference between an unlocked 1520 being distributed in my country and in other regions?", I continued to ask him.
- "Not at all", said he
- "As you said, one similar device, same price and one update, please enlighten me why I and other Vietnamese customers have always been to receive the update after other regions? Why can your rival Apple push out the update to all devices of its in just a day? I want to know if Microsoft adopted the strategy of discriminating customers? Because some Lumia 1520 owners in Vietnam weren't patient enough, so they flashed the original rom to the region Finland and their devices got the Denim", I kept asking him.
- "I have no idea, but I hope you will stay with us", he replied.
- "That's fine. We can stop here because I already knew the reason so well. Thank you so much for spending your precious time with me", said I.

I'm always willing to wait for something worth my patience no matter how long it takes. Nonetheless, Microsoft treated me like a fool, I realized this waiting game was nothing but a waste of my time. Therefore, I decided to quit because I don't wanna get insulted any more. I don't know how you guys really feel when you purchased a flagship device, and then budget devices and similar devices got updated excluding yours. Is it really comfortable at all? :eck:

Currently, I've been looking forward to the launch of Sony Xperia Z4. iPhone 6 never satisfies me because its camera and music listening functions can never be compared with Sony devices. Only one thing I'm so sure now Lumia 1520 was the first windows phone smartphone I ever grabbed and it will also be the last one. I got a very valuable lesson "NEVER SAY YES TO WINDOWS PHONE". :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo