Why can't I get Denim on my unlocked 1520?

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the unlocked 1520 from Latin America. It came with Cyan out of the box and I installed preview for developers and updated. Trouble is, it doesn't say that I have Denim, yet I have the live app folders feature. Any idea how to get Denim so I can record 4K videos?

kirkalm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the 1520.3 Ita and it was updated Wednesday to Denim. I did use PD to get OS to ver .341. Currently on T-Mobile. After OS update, un-checked PD than Denim update showed. BTW, the new Lumia Camera app won't start and tells me that I need Denim installed. Have see other posts about the camera issue.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the 1520.3 Ita and it was updated Wednesday to Denim. I did use PD to get OS to ver .341. Currently on T-Mobile.

Denim for the 1520 includes a newer firmware which you're missing. It's needed for the new Lumia Camera 5 to function properly. The update you received was the OS update only that brings folders, Hey Cortana and all 8.1.1 features

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I believe that the OS update gets you the folders, I've attached a screen shot of my extras+info.

​If you don't have Preview for Developers enabled, that's a bug with Extras+Info that reads Cyan as Denim. Currently all 1520s are listed as running Cyan in Latin America.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
​If you don't have Preview for Developers enabled, that's a bug with Extras+Info that reads Cyan as Denim. Currently all 1520s are listed as running Cyan in Latin America.

Quick Nitpick: its not a bug, its activated by a flag on the os, if your os hits a certain number its marked as denim. reason for this is that most phones just get denim in name only, why force all the phones to get an update to the firmware that does nothing more than tell you you have denim, its easier just to flag it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa