The guy at Maggianos, Cherry Hill with the Lumia 1520 ...

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Indulge me, I've had a Lumia 1520 for 10 months & I've never seen anyone else with the phone. No one I know, have encountered, no friend of a friend, until last nite ...

Gentleman was sitting with his family @ dinner, pulled out his phone to take a picture & I saw another Lumia 1520. Simply a shoutout to him, we spoke briefly, good luck with Windows Insider, I'll hold off a couple of months (or until the bugs are ironed out).

If you see this, let us know how the Win10 preview goes.

EDIT: after writing this I remembered, saw a twentysomething with a Lumia 1520 hanging out of her back pocket, about 8 months ago! (my memory's not what it used to be)

Last edited:

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time when I'm out I always look for other Windows phone users and it is hard to spot any, but I have twice seem 1520 and a 920 at of all places home depot.

cocotutch

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I finally spotted a fellow yellow (get it?) 1520 user on a train in Melbourne the other day. It was so exciting, I was all "let's get my yellow 1520 out as well and we can be 1520 users together"

Such a weird feeling. Felt so exclusive amongst everybody else with an iphone 6.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I used to always notice a windows phone user when I go out but sadly it's even rarer these days. At least people comment on how big my phone is so they notice mine at least lol

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
When people see my green 1520 they want it. Then I give a sales pitch... I've seen a bunch of them around the Charleston, SC area now. My best bud has one too, so when we're out it's double 1520s :)

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
A lot of work phones are Windows Phones here (the Netherlands) so I see them all the time. People don't even seem to be negative about them, just give a 'why would I' response when I ask why they don't have one for personal use.
People (I ask) see a smartphone as a way to get to their apps, and Android an iOS have all the apps, why choose a Windows Phone?

Can't really argue with that logic.. My response is "price, design, and camera", but even those are often equalled or bested by other platforms :/

Still love my 1520 though, wouldn't trade it for a Note 4 or iPhone 6 plus :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon