Volume going up and down without touching

curseoftheninja

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When listening to the Music app on my 1520 (16 GB ATT) and using my headphones, sometimes the volume will randomly get louder then quieter in a rhythmic motion.

It does not go from 0 to 30, its more like 5 up, then 5 down. The actual numbers of the volume stay the same, but I can definitely tell there is an increase and decrease. I've encountered this a few times from different artists (so it is not a style of the artist). Also, it seems to happen whenever the headphones are accidentally pulled out mid-song. After the song is over, the next song seems to be fine.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a work around other than waiting for the next song?

Mainly, I want to hear if others are having the problem...otherwise I might need my hearing checked.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
If you have a different set of headphones you might try swapping them out for a while to see if the problem is with the phone or with the headphones.

Also, can you always replicate the problem by unplugging the headphones mid-song? Or is the volume change an intermittent event?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss