during the last 2 days I lost my LTE band and am only getting 4G and my 4G is slow like only 5mbps. I called my provider and they told me everything is good on their end and it must be my phone. He told me to do a soft restore so I don't lose my settings but it's like taking the battery out (which is pressing the power and windows logo)... what do you guys think I could look at to fix this? what should I do?
    02-10-2015 04:18 PM
    Have you tried the soft reset? Press and hold the power button and slide down the lock screen when you see the message appear. Turn the phone back on after a few seconds.
    02-10-2015 04:21 PM
    during the last 2 days I lost my LTE band and am only getting 4G and my 4G is slow like only 5mbps. I called my provider and they told me everything is good on their end and it must be my phone. He told me to do a soft restore so I don't lose my settings but it's like taking the battery out (which is pressing the power and windows logo)... what do you guys think I could look at to fix this? what should I do?
    Which phone and variant?

Which carrier in what country?

Did you ask the rep point blank... Are you guys working on any towers in my area?
    02-10-2015 04:27 PM
    A soft reset does not lose data. it is like pulling the battery.
    Hold the volume down button and the power button down until the phone vibrates, release. This takes about 10 seconds. The phone will shutdown and restart.

Not the windows logo, not a power off
    02-10-2015 04:29 PM
    Have you tried the soft reset? Press and hold the power button and slide down the lock screen when you see the message appear. Turn the phone back on after a few seconds.
    already tried that, just reboots and bam on 4G straight away only...

Which phone and variant?

Which carrier in what country?

Did you ask the rep point blank... Are you guys working on any towers in my area?
    yes I asked if they were doing anything or if anything was down, they said no. I'm with Videotron in Montreal and I have the AT&T L1520.. since I've had my phone for a month I never had any trouble till yesterday...

A soft reset does not lose data. it is like pulling the battery.
    Hold the volume down button and the power button down until the phone vibrates, release. This takes about 10 seconds. The phone will shutdown and restart.

Not the windows logo, not a power off
    I just tried and still stuck on 4G...
    02-10-2015 06:09 PM
    Maybe you set the maximum speed in SIM settings to only 4G? Or you can try going into the field test menu to see if any of the frequency bands have been disabled.
    02-10-2015 06:22 PM
    No outages reported for Videotron: https://canadianoutages.com/status/videotron One or two scattered reports don't really count as an indicator.

If there were no unexpected reboots, updates or manual fiddling with settings I would not believe that your SIM settings would have changed or that Field Test will suddenly show Band 4 LTE disabled... Although it is worth looking at just to be sure.

Did anything major change with your handset just before the problem occurred? Did you add any App that might have some control over telephony? No updates right? AT&T 1520 isn't getting Denim officially yet, but are you on P4D?
    02-10-2015 08:16 PM
    ok it looks like I got my LTE back, I went into cellular/sim settings and switch from automatic to 4g then back to automatic... looks like that fixed it, but I haven't played nor installed anything... thanks for you help peeps
    RumoredNow and Donny James like this.
    02-10-2015 08:46 PM
    A shortcut in future... I've had a similar issue with a carrier they would not admit to where all data would just drop out and I had quadruple checked every set up possibility...

Just toggle Airplane on and let it take hold, then toggle it off. It forces a reconnection to the network. I just flashed back on that trick.
    aximtreo and Pete like this.
    02-10-2015 09:12 PM
    Ahh ok thanks, I will remember that for next time if it ever occurs again...
    02-11-2015 08:38 AM
    ok it looks like I got my LTE back, I went into cellular/sim settings and switch from automatic to 4g then back to automatic... looks like that fixed it, but I haven't played nor installed anything... thanks for you help peeps
    Hmmmmm interesting. Noted.
    02-11-2015 09:08 AM