System storage space?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Curious what other 1520 users have for system storage. I'm up over 10 GB. I'm at capacity on the phone and whatever I delete or move from the app storage on phone gets filled up by system storage eventually.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
2409bc7ce27db940213e2b5c23a664fc.png

Phone's over a year old. Last hard reset over 6 months already. Not really an apps guy so I don't download much.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
System is the new Other Storage looks like, I too suffer from growing system storage albeit gradual. Yes I delete temp files regularly. Still has grown considerably. Free space from 2.06 to 1.91 GB in just an few weeks.

I have a Lumia 635, but I thought the system thing was relevant enough to point out regardless of the OP.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
5.71gb and growing ...:excited: ..honestly at this point i don't care anymore.i used to monitor the storage space closely at the start..my phone is over a year old and now i don't install much new apps on it unless something unique catches my eye. and my 1520 being 32 gb variant i hope it will take another year for the system storage to fill the whole phone up...
and i haven't done a hard reset so far,even to update to cyan 8.1

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine is over 10 GB and keeps growing though. I have to worry about it as I have the AT&T version. :)

Once I start getting low storage messages I have to move or delete apps. But it just keeps growing :(

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
If you're on ATT you should have ATT locker app which if you signed up timely would give you 50 GB of cloud storage. The 1520 can use microsd hc cards up to 128 GB. Additionally Bing Rewards has a free 100GB of One Drive storage free for two years. You should have all the storage you need.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Deleted the AT&T locker. That was a pain compared to OneDrive. SD card is in use. But it doesn't explain why the system storage is 3x the size it should be and keeps on growing. I'd rather keep my SD card free for video and photos. I've got all apps over 50 MB installed on SD card. Every time I move one the system fills up the remaining space.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft got back to me. The solution is to do a system restore. Not looking forward to that. It wouldn't be so bad if the home screen layout restored.

I'm going to have to do it or it will soon hit 14.4 GB, which is the max space AT&T gave us on this phone. Granted, something is wrong with my phone. Only thing I can think of is it's doing some kind of logging gone wild. I don't even have activity tracker turned on.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How to free storage memory on Windows Phone - Wiki

Might prove useful to some.

Lumia 1520.3, in service since August 2014. Immediately flashed to official 8.1 + Lumia Cyan after unboxing using Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

System Storage: 3.70GB
Temporary Files: 425.46MB
Other: 0bytes

I've never resorted to the above "forced clearage App" but regularly clear browser and occasionally clear Temp.

I try to do periodic Soft Resets... Have not Hard Reset since September of 2014.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft got back to me. The solution is to do a system restore.

That's not really a solution, just poor customer service on the part of Microsoft who should be looking into a real fix for this. I have a 1520.3 and am now at 6.79GB and still growing, clear internet cache and temp files regularly, don't take a lot of pictures or videos or save email attachments but it still keeps growing. Yet another thing Windows 10 will save us from, I'm sure.....

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That's not really a solution, just poor customer service on the part of Microsoft who should be looking into a real fix for this. I have a 1520.3 and am now at 6.79GB and still growing, clear internet cache and temp files regularly, don't take a lot of pictures or videos or save email attachments but it still keeps growing. Yet another thing Windows 10 will save us from, I'm sure.....

LOL, I agree. I'd be happy with 6.79 GB. I just can't see a valid reason mine should be 3x the starting size.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigorplux